Senior Administrative Assistant – Event Coordinator (2403rs)
Administrative | San Antonio, TX | Full Time, Part Time, and Temporary
Senior Administrative Assistant – Event Coordinator
San Antonio TX
We are currently accepting applications for an Administrative Assistant-Senior to work at our client site located in San Antonio TX. This is an excellent opportunity to join a collegian environment and work closely with experienced practitioners to educate and inspire future healthcare staff.
Senior Administrative Assistant - POSITION ROLE
Under general supervision, provides administrative support to department or group of professionals. Collects, compiles and analyzes moderately complex data and information. Composes straightforward written descriptions and results. Requires the ability to exercise independent judgment and basic reasoning skills.
Senior Administrative Assistant - POSITION QUALIFICATIONS
- Associates degree with five years’ experience or high school diploma or GED with seven years related experience.
- Experience in event planning and coordinating REQUIRED.
- Advanced proficiency in MS Word, Excel, Outlook, Power Point, Acrobat
- Must have strong organizational skills, communication skills and negotiating abilities
- Professionalism in mannerisms, communication and appearance
- Ability to work independently in a fast-paced office environment
Senior Administrative Assistant - POSITION RESPONSIBILITIES
- Organize facilities and manage all event’s details such as decor, catering, entertainment, transportation, location, invitee list, special guests, equipment, promotional material etc.
- Communicate with suppliers, faculty and staff in organizing, planning and managing events for committee meetings, internal service awards, benefit planning events, and other events as requested by HR department
- Liaise with clients to identify their needs and to ensure customer satisfaction
- Conduct market research, gather information and negotiate contracts prior to closing any deals
- Provide feedback and periodic reports to stakeholders
- Propose ideas to improve provided services and event quality
- Ensure compliance with insurance, legal, health and safety obligations
- Specify staff requirements and coordinate their activities
- Cooperate with marketing and PR to promote and publicize event
- Proactively handle any arising issues and troubleshoot any emerging problems on the event day
- Conduct pre- and post – event evaluations and report on outcomes
We support a diverse workforce and is an Equal Opportunity Employer who does not discriminate against employees and applicants for employment on the basis of race, gender, color, religion, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, disability, veteran status, or other classification protected by law.