Physician Assistant (10790)
Physicians | Chicago, IL | Contract
InGenesis is currently seeking a Physician Assistant to work with our client located in Chicago, IL. In this role, the PA will be responsible for providing care and medical treatment to employees with work related injuries/illnesses in a manufacturing environment. This position will require effective communications skills with other teams/departments at the facility.
If you meet the qualifications outlined below, apply today and we’ll reach out to answer any questions you may have!
- Examine and treat patients independently and in autonomous collaboration with the Chief Physician for the medical department.
- Assess, diagnose, treat and manage occupational injuries and illnesses.
- Review and interpret x-rays related to occupational injuries.
- Conduct Physical examination for Pre-employment, Return to work, Medical Surveillance
- Review health history forms.
- Adhere to legitimate legal practice regulations as defined by the Illinois Public Health Code.
- Review labs, X-ray and MRI results when Chief Physician not available.
- Perform minor procedures such as suturing and foreign body removal (skin, cornea, conjunctiva).
- Conduct EKG's, pulmonary function tests, respiratory fit tests. Calibrate pirometer, audio and others as needed (breathalyzer, AED).
- Manage administrative functions such as opening and closing of medical leaves, scheduling of appointments and follow up with outside consultants.
- Interact with Human Resources, Safety, Workers' Compensation and Labor in the management of injured or ill employees.
- Educate employees on disease processes, medications, and injuries.
- Supervise nursing staff on their assigned shift.
- Prescriptive Privileges based on delegation by the Chief Physician and regulated physician assistant practice in Illinois.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's Degree or Master's Degree in Physician Assistant Studies.
- Current, unrestricted Illinois license.
- Physician Assistant certification (PA-C).
- Experience in Occupational Health or urgent/emergency care.
- 1 or more years' experience as a Physician Assistant.
- 1 or more years health care experience in treating musculoskeletal injuries and conditions areas Ex. urgent care, emergency room, or orthopedic settings.
- Ability to work a 2nd shift schedule.
InGenesis is one of the largest staffing firms in the industry and is among the largest diversity-owned healthcare staffing firms in North America. InGenesis is dedicated to placing people in positions that preserve life, improve lives, and inspire others. This does not happen without passionate people: skilled colleagues who are motivated to create innovative solutions and deliver superior service to our clients. InGenesis counts almost half of the Fortune 500 in our nearly 300 clients, including clients in the healthcare, life sciences, higher education and pharma industries.
InGenesis is proud to be an affirmative action employer and is committed to providing equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, or Veteran status. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know by visiting our website at https://www.ingenesis.com/careers/site-accommodations.