Vision Services Associate (12496)
Healthcare | Fremont, CA | Contract | From $22.21 to $22.21 per hour
InGenesis is seeking a Vision Services Associate to work with our client. In this role, your primary role will be to enhance the providers’ interactions with their customers by utilizing specific knowledge, objective ophthalmic testing, and practicing special technical skills in the Vision Center specialty.
If you meet the qualifications outlined below, apply today and we’ll reach out to answer any questions you may have!
- Prepares examination and treatment rooms for use by the care providers by cleaning, stocking, and arranging supplies and equipment.
- Responsible for taking a detailed medical history and recording patient chief complaints in electronic health records.
- Prep patient charts and obtain patients’ records from other vision centers in advance of appointment.
- Arranges patient referrals. Works with medical records and referrals to obtain patients’ records from outside specialists and/or other vision centers.
- Schedules follow-up appointments and verifies appointment times with patients.
- Selects, dispenses, and verifies prescriptions of visual appliances (i.e., frames, contact lenses, glasses) per Provider order. Calls patients when ready for pick up.
- Measures and records intraocular pressure (tonometry), neutralization of spectacles (lensometry), automated visual fields, autorefraction (in preparation for the subjective refraction by the provider), auto keratometry, anterior chamber angles, vital signs, and pupillary response and other subjective ophthalmic testing procedures in accordance with protocol and Provider order and will be responsible to report any drastic changes or abnormalities to Provider accordingly.
- Performs complete visual acuity for all ages and ocular diagnoses, including Snellen charts, HOTV charts, color vision, and stereopsis.
- Administers topical eye medications per specific physician order in preparation for testing as permitted by state law and regulation.
- Requires High School diploma or equivalent.
- Certificate or completion of two years medical assistant training program preferred but not required.
- Assistant training experience preferred courses in ocular and diseases of the eye are desirable.
- Experience in optometry office preferred.
- Bilingual English/Spanish preferred.
- Knowledge of computers and computer keyboards.
This position is dependent on contract award.
InGenesis is one of the largest staffing firms in the industry and is among the largest diversity-owned healthcare staffing firms in North America. InGenesis is dedicated to placing people in positions that preserve life, improve lives, and inspire others. This does not happen without passionate people: skilled colleagues who are motivated to create innovative solutions and deliver superior service to our clients. InGenesis counts almost half of the Fortune 500 in our nearly 300 clients, including clients in the healthcare, life sciences, higher education and pharma industries.
InGenesis is proud to be an affirmative action employer and is committed to providing equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, or Veteran status. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know by visiting our website at https://www.ingenesis.com/careers/site-accommodations.