Family and General Practitioner #10964
Physicians | Brooklyn, NY | Contract | From $145.00 to $155.00 per hour
InGenesis is currently seeking a Physician to work with our client located in Brooklyn, NY. In this role, you will be responsible for performing as a Family and General Practitioner in an addiction treatment center.
Apply today and we’ll reach out to answer any questions you may have!
- Conducts medical examinations of patients and coordinates treatment.
- Reviews medical history and clarifies information with the patient.
- Conducts physical examinations and records results.
- Orders tests to supplement the examination and to assist in evaluating patient signs, symptoms, and problems.
- Discusses findings of examinations and tests with patients.
- Administers treatments and prescribes medications and other treatments to treat illnesses and health problems.
- Follows up with contracted pharmacy and problem-solves issues and concerns with medications.
- Conducts follow-up examinations and tests to determine patient condition and benefits of treatment programs and revises treatment in response to findings.
- Records patient information, diagnosis, prescriptions, treatments, and patient response to treatment and medication.
- Refers patients to medical specialists or other treatment providers.
- Discusses patient condition, treatment, and prognosis with family members and caregivers.
- Coordinates and supervises the treatment and care of an assigned group of patients.
- Supervises the health and patient care activities of nursing and other direct care staff.
- Supervision of other medical staff.
- Designs and implements treatment and health care and health education programs.
- Reviews patient records, assures that treatments are appropriate and within normal parameters for the diagnoses, and assures that records are properly maintained.
- Participates in discharge planning and approves the discharge of patients.
- Licensed to practice medicine in New York State, possession of a M.D., M.B.B.S., or D.O. degree.
- Completion of one year of post-graduate training acceptable to the Accreditation Council for Graduate Medical Education of the American Medical Association, the American Osteopathic Association, or the Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Canada (or as listed in the Directory of Approved Residency Training Programs), and
- One year of work experience subsequent to the one year of post-graduate training.
- Have a DEA certification.
- Certified to prescribe Buprenorphine (Suboxone), or agreeable to be trained to become certified if not already certified.
InGenesis is one of the largest staffing firms in the industry and is among the largest diversity-owned healthcare staffing firms in North America. InGenesis is dedicated to placing people in positions that preserve life, improve lives, and inspire others. This does not happen without passionate people: skilled colleagues who are motivated to create innovative solutions and deliver superior service to our clients. InGenesis counts almost half of the Fortune 500 in our nearly 300 clients, including clients in the healthcare, life sciences, higher education and pharma industries.
InGenesis is proud to be an affirmative action employer and is committed to providing equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, or Veteran status. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know by visiting our website at https://www.ingenesis.com/careers/site-accommodations.