Psychology | Alexandria, LA | Contract
InGenesis is currently sourcing for Psychologist candidates to work for our client. In this role, you will perform a full range of mental health services in accordance with privileges granted by the facility.
If you meet the qualifications outlined below, apply today and we’ll reach out to answer any questions you may have!
What’s in it for you?
- Health Insurance effective date of hire for full-time employees.
- Health & Welfare – additional per-hour rate to help offset the cost of insurance.
- 2 weeks of PTO
- Paid Federal Holidays
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Provides psychological assessment and evaluations.
- Provides appropriate referral to outside treatment facilities for those cases of extremely severe mental disturbance.
- Provides referral, identification, and evaluation for those identified as having a significant mental illness.
- A Doctoral Degree in Psychology from a graduate program accredited by the American Psychological Association.
- Current, full, and unrestricted license at the Doctorial Level for the independent practice of Psychology in the state where the duty station is located.
- Two years independent practice in Clinical, Counseling, or Health Psychology as a licensed psychologist.
- BLS through the American Heart Association®.
- Verbal proficiency in Spanish (preferred, not required).
- Ability to pass a federal government security background check.
- Required to walk unaided at a normal pace for up to 10 minutes and maintain balance.
- Required to respond to any medical emergency within 4 minutes, where a fast walk or jog may be necessary to provide assistance.
- Required to perform CPR/emergency care standing or kneeling.
- Must have the ability to assist sick, injured, or aging detainees or staff exiting the building during an emergency (may require lifting, dragging, wheeling, or carrying someone who weighs significantly more than self).
- Must be able to see, hear and smell with or without the use of aides if necessary (exceptions on a case-by-case basis).
- Must easily alternate between kneeling and standing.
- Must be able to lift, push, or carry 30 pounds.
- Must be capable of standing on hard surfaces (cement floors) for long periods of time.
This position is dependent on contract award.
*Pay rate range commensurate on experience.
InGenesis is one of the largest staffing firms in the industry and is among the largest diversity-owned healthcare staffing firms in North America. InGenesis is dedicated to placing people in positions that preserve life, improve lives, and inspire others. This does not happen without passionate people: skilled colleagues who are motivated to create innovative solutions and deliver superior service to our clients. InGenesis counts almost half of the Fortune 500 in our nearly 300 clients, including clients in the healthcare, life sciences, higher education and pharma industries.
InGenesis is proud to be an affirmative action employer and is committed to providing equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, or Veteran status. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know by visiting our website at https://www.ingenesis.com/careers/site-accommodations.