Behavioral Health Technician (12560)
Behavioral Health | Dilley, TX | Contract
InGenesis is currently sourcing for Behavioral Health Technician candidates for healthcare positions. In this role, you will observe patients’ behavior, listen to their concerns, and record their condition. This position is dependent on contract award.
If you meet the qualifications outlined below, apply today and we’ll reach out to answer any questions you may have!
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Observation of patient’s behaviors and wellness checks.
- Prompt and assist with activities of daily living as needed.
- Provide health and general program education and patient support.
- Facilitate basic therapeutic groups (i.e., Processing Groups/Alternative Programming) and provide direct individual patient care and treatment.
- Assist in the development of specific behavioral treatment interventions such as coping skills, anger management, and other self-regulating behavior activities.
- Gathers patient care information through frequent contacts to assist behavioral health and medical providers with diagnosis, treatment planning, and medication management.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Associate degree in a behavioral science/specialty field.
- Two (2) years of work experience in a mental health clinic or residential healthcare setting.
- American Association of Psychiatric Technicians (AAPT) certification at level three or the ability to obtain within 12 months of hire.
- Current BLS for certification.
- Ability to pass a federal government security background check.
- Verbal proficiency in Spanish (preferred, not required).
- Required to walk unaided at a normal pace for up to 10 minutes and maintain balance.
- Required to respond to any medical emergency within 4 minutes, where a fast walk or jog may be necessary to provide assistance.
- Required to perform CPR/emergency care standing or kneeling.
- Must have the ability to assist sick, injured or aging detainees or staff exiting the building during an emergency (may require lifting, dragging, wheeling or carrying someone who weighs significantly more than self).
- Must be able to see, hear and smell with or without the use of aides if necessary (exceptions on a case-by-case basis).
- Must easily alternate between kneeling and standing.
- Must be able to lift, push, or carry 30 pounds.
- Must be capable of standing on hard surfaces (cement floors) for long periods of time.
This position is dependent upon contract award.
*Pay rate range commensurate on experience.
InGenesis is one of the largest staffing firms in the industry and is among the largest diversity-owned healthcare staffing firms in North America. InGenesis is dedicated to placing people in positions that preserve life, improve lives, and inspire others. This does not happen without passionate people: skilled colleagues who are motivated to create innovative solutions and deliver superior service to our clients. InGenesis counts almost half of the Fortune 500 in our nearly 300 clients, including clients in the healthcare, life sciences, higher education and pharma industries.
InGenesis is proud to be an affirmative action employer and is committed to providing equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, or Veteran status. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know by visiting our website at https://www.ingenesis.com/careers/site-accommodations.