Clinical Director (12503)
Healthcare | Gilroy, CA | Contract | From $186.36 to $186.36 per hour
InGenesis is currently seeking a Clinical Director to work with our client. In this role, you will provide professional medical services for patients, review, monitor, and update the clinic’s medical policies and procedures and provide clinical guidance and oversight related to the individual’s area of practice and expertise (i.e., Pediatrics, HIV/Infectious disease, Adult Medicine, Family Practice, Health Information Technology (HIT), etc.).
If you meet the qualifications outlined below, apply today and we’ll reach out to answer any questions you may have!
- Serves in an advisory role regarding historical matters and advises board on medical practices.
- Provides professional medical services for clinic patients including taking medical histories, conducting physical examinations, ordering lab tests, and prescribing treatments and medications.
- Performs minor surgical procedures, adapt treatment programs as indicated and refer patients for consultation and special services.
- Discusses medical progress with patients and family.
- Maintains legible, accurate and confidential medical records. Document all medical evaluations, diagnoses, procedures, treatment outcomes, education, referrals, and consultations in compliance with state regulatory standards and clinic policies and procedures. Fill out forms and maintain correspondence with hospitals and other community organizations involved in the medical care of clinic patients.
- Provides clinical guidance to physicians, mid-level practitioners, nurses and lead medical assistants, including chart review, co-signing, consultation, and case conferences.
- Provides back-up for mid-levels and review 10% of charts for Physician Assistants, as well as for Nurse Practitioners who have not obtained their Furnishing License (of medications).
- Individual reviews, monitors and updates the clinic’s medical policies and procedures and provides clinical guidance and oversight specifically related to their area of practice and expertise (i.e., Pediatrics, HIV/Infectious disease, Adult Medicine, Family Practice, Health Information Technology (HIT), etc.
- Acts as a medical resource for clinical and non-clinical staff. Additionally provides consultation on the assessment, management, and treatment of complicated cases.
- Oversees the administrative responsibilities in his/her area of practice and expertise that will include, but not limited to, recruitment, orientation, supervision, and evaluation of professional personnel.
- Provides ongoing development and review of protocols to ensure optimized care for patients is in compliance with licensing agencies, and in keeping with good medical practices.
- Participates in quality assurance and improvement activities, including the development and measurements of goals and efforts to address identified problems. Participates in agency-wide QA Committee, QA activities and Peer Review as needed.
- Represents TCHC to the professional medical community and other institutions as requested and as necessary.
- In conjunction with the Chief Medical Officer, provides perspective on any/all issues of concern to the sites and/or agency. This includes input on strategic planning, clinical operations, program development and grant management.
- Participates in the scheduling and facilitating of regular provider meetings.
- Assists in the development and oversight of TCHC’s annual budgeting and business planning process.
- Oversees the supervision of PA’s and NP’s in specialized area as well as examining required chart reviews of PA’s.
- Performs other duties as assigned by supervisor.
- Medical degree from an accredited medical school.
- Valid California Medical License.
- Board certified or board eligible in a specialized area such as Pediatrics, HIV/Infectious disease, Adult Medicine, etc.
- 2 years of experience in healthcare leadership role.
- 5 years of experience as a physician in a primary care setting.
- Knowledgeable and sensitive to the medical needs of TCHC’s diverse population.
Preferred education, experience, training
- Prior experience in public health or community health
- Valid California Medical License to practice medicine.
- Current DEA and CPR certificates.
- Valid California State Driver’s License and proof of current automobile insurance.
- Required to respond to any medical emergency, fast walk or jog may be necessary to provide assistance.
- Required to perform CPR/emergency care standing or kneeling.
- Must have the ability to assist sick, injured, or aging patients exiting the building during an emergency (may require lifting, dragging, wheeling, or carrying someone who weighs significantly more than self).
- Must be able to see, hear, and smell with or without the use of aides if necessary (exceptions on a case-by-case basis).
- Must easily alternate between kneeling and standing. (exceptions on a case-by-case basis).
- Must be able to lift, push, and carry 30 pounds.
- Must be capable of standing on hard surfaces for long periods of time.
- Frequently required to operate a computer and file and retrieve written documentation.
This position is dependent on contract award.
InGenesis is one of the largest staffing firms in the industry and is among the largest diversity-owned healthcare staffing firms in North America. InGenesis is dedicated to placing people in positions that preserve life, improve lives, and inspire others. This does not happen without passionate people: skilled colleagues who are motivated to create innovative solutions and deliver superior service to our clients. InGenesis counts almost half of the Fortune 500 in our nearly 300 clients, including clients in the healthcare, life sciences, higher education and pharma industries.
InGenesis is proud to be an affirmative action employer and is committed to providing equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, or Veteran status. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know by visiting our website at https://www.ingenesis.com/careers/site-accommodations.