Administrative Assistant (12224)
Administrative | West Haverstraw, NY | Contract | From $41.00 to $51.00 per hour
InGenesis is currently seeking a temporary Administrative Assistant to work with our client in West Haverstraw, NY. In this role, you will be working in the Helen Hayes Hospital
Apply today and we’ll reach out to answer any questions you may have!
· Answer phones, take messages, route inquiries to appropriate staff members, and respond to general correspondence and routine collection calls explaining the debt to the caller.
· Post checks on a daily basis. Create a weekly direct payment report reflecting all activity. Remit all direct payments and reconcile all discrepancies on a weekly basis.
· Utilize available resources, such as Department of Motor Vehicle and Experian searches to locate individuals and/or to obtain credit reports. Retrieve information from internal databases and update electronic files regarding payment schedules, comments, etc.
· Confer with client hospital business office concerning accounts that were referred for collection. Process self-pay letters from lists referred by the Patient Finance Administrator. Resolve any discrepancies and/or assist the correspondent with payment agreements. Process write-offs, when necessary.
· Perform other duties as assigned.
· High School Diploma (or equivalent); and One (1) year minimum experience working in an office setting
· Proficient in Microsoft applications (i.e., Outlook, Excel, Word, etc.)
· Background in healthcare administration and/or policies
· Experience working in a fast-paced setting
· Capable of multi-tasking and well organized and detail oriented
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills
· The ability to work alone or as part of a team
· Skilled in working within complex databases
*Pay rate range commensurate on experience.
InGenesis is one of the largest staffing firms in the industry and is among the largest diversity-owned healthcare staffing firms in North America. InGenesis is dedicated to placing people in positions that preserve life, improve lives, and inspire others. This does not happen without passionate people: skilled colleagues who are motivated to create innovative solutions and deliver superior service to our clients. InGenesis counts almost half of the Fortune 500 in our nearly 300 clients, including clients in the healthcare, life sciences, higher education and pharma industries.
InGenesis is proud to be an affirmative action employer and is committed to providing equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, or Veteran status. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know by visiting our website at https://www.ingenesis.com/careers/site-accommodations.