Psychiatry | San Antonio, TX | Contract
InGenesis is currently seeking a Psychiatrist to work with our client in San Antonio, TX. In this role, you will provide clinical care to individuals with intellectual disabilities in need of psychiatric services in tandem with a group of staff and fellow professionals.
If you meet the qualifications outlined below, apply today and we’ll reach out to answer any questions you may have.
- Performs advanced psychiatric work that involves directing psychiatric activities, monitoring trends, diagnosing, and treating individuals.
- Administers quality and appropriate specialized psychiatric treatments, assessments, and procedures as needed.
- Reviews and analyzes system data to ensure treatment plans are individualized and decisions are made in conjunction with the Interdisciplinary Team (IDT).
- Ensures that treatment plans are implemented as designed by providing consultation or training as needed to behavioral health and direct care staff.
- Attends weekly/monthly meetings and leads/chairs discussions to inform and create buy-in to necessary changes and follows through on the implementation plans.
- Recommends guidelines and standards of care in response to regulatory environment, or public health as requested by the facility Medical Director or state office Medical Services Coordinator.
- Plans, assigns, and guides the work of others in the process of the multi-disciplinary approach to resident care.
- Works under minimal supervision, with extensive latitude for the use of initiative and independent judgment.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Graduation from an accredited college of medicine with a degree as a medical doctor and residency in the psychiatry field.
- Must have current registration certificates from the Drug Enforcement Agency (DEA) and the Texas Department of Public Safety Controlled Substance Board.
- Board certification or board eligibility in psychiatry.
- Experience in psychiatric work.
- American Heart Association CPR certification.
- Documentation of immunizations.
InGenesis is one of the largest staffing firms in the industry and is among the largest diversity-owned healthcare staffing firms in North America. InGenesis is dedicated to placing people in positions that preserve life, improve lives, and inspire others. This does not happen without passionate people: skilled colleagues who are motivated to create innovative solutions and deliver superior service to our clients. InGenesis counts almost half of the Fortune 500 in our nearly 300 clients, including clients in the healthcare, life sciences, higher education and pharma industries.
InGenesis is proud to be an affirmative action employer and is committed to providing equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, or Veteran status. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know by visiting our website at https://www.ingenesis.com/careers/site-accommodations.