Advanced Practice Provider - Psychiatric (12544)
Nurse Practitioner / Physician Assistant | Eloy, AZ | Contract
InGenesis is currently sourcing Advanced Practice Provider - Psychiatric candidates to work with our client. In this role, you will provide healthcare under the scope of a collaborative practice and prescriptive authority agreement with a physician.
If you meet the qualifications outlined below, apply today and we’ll reach out to answer any questions you may have!
What’s in it for you?
- Health Insurance effective date of hire for full time employees.
- Health & Welfare – additional per hour rate to help offset cost of insurance.
- 2 weeks of PTO
- Paid Federal Holidays
Major Duties and Responsibilities
- Consults with the Clinical Director (or designee), Psychiatrist, and other behavioral health providers for the management of complex psychiatric conditions.
- Coordinates mental health patient care, off-site referrals, and collaborative duties through scheduled appointments, sick call, or walk-ins.
- Diagnoses and treats acute and chronic psychiatric disorders.
- Prescribes medication.
- Orders and interprets diagnostic and therapeutic tests.
- Provides urgent or emergent mental health evaluation and initiates appropriate action.
- Provide relevant health education to detainees verbally and/or with handouts.
- Documents care visits in the required health record.
- Nurse Practitioner: Graduate from an accredited Psychiatric Mental Health Nurse Practitioner (PMHMP) or Physician Assistant program located in the United States, the District of Columbia, the Commonwealth of Puerto Rico, or a U.S. territory. PMHNP national board certification by the American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC).
- Physician Assistant: Graduate from an accredited Physician Assistant program located in a State, the District of Columbia, or a U.S. territory. Must be accredited by the Accreditation Review Commission on Education for the Physician Assistant (ARC-PA) or one of its predecessors.
- Current, full, and unrestricted Nurse Practitioner or Physician Assistant license in the state in which the duty station is located.
- Must have and maintain national certifications as a Nurse Practitioner (AANP) or Physician Assistant (NCCPA).
- One year of full-time equivalent experience in primary care as a licensed Nurse Practitioner or Physician Assistant. Clinical experience must be current and within the past five years.
- Experience is a detention, correctional, or residential healthcare setting is preferred.
- BLS certification through the American Heart Association®.
- Verbal proficiency in Spanish (preferred, not required).
- Ability to pass a federal government security background check.
- The work requires some physical exertion, such as long periods of standing, walking or jogging unaided over rough, uneven, or rocky surfaces; recurring bending, crouching, stooping, stretching, reaching, or similar activities; or recurring lifting of moderately heavy patients or equipment.
- The work may require specific, but common, physical characteristics and abilities, such as agility and dexterity, visual, and hearing capabilities.
- Must be able to respond to any medical emergency in the facility, via foot, within four minutes and perform CPR/emergency care standing or kneeling.
- Must have the ability to assist sick, injured, or aging detainees or staff exiting the building during an emergency.
This position is dependent upon contract award.
*Pay rate range commensurate on experience.
InGenesis is one of the largest staffing firms in the industry and is among the largest diversity-owned healthcare staffing firms in North America. InGenesis is dedicated to placing people in positions that preserve life, improve lives, and inspire others. This does not happen without passionate people: skilled colleagues who are motivated to create innovative solutions and deliver superior service to our clients. InGenesis counts almost half of the Fortune 500 in our nearly 300 clients, including clients in the healthcare, life sciences, higher education and pharma industries.
InGenesis is proud to be an affirmative action employer and is committed to providing equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, or Veteran status. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know by visiting our website at https://www.ingenesis.com/careers/site-accommodations.