Medical Assistant (12507)
Medical Assistants | San Jose, CA | Contract | From $26.29 to $26.29 per hour
InGenesis is seeking a Medical Assistant to work with our client. In this role, you will assist clinicians with the provision of patient care in accordance with clinic protocols and policies.
If you meet the qualifications outlined below, apply today and we’ll reach out to answer any questions you may have!
- Review patient charts to identify the reason for visit, and needed information to include, but not limited to missing information, lab tests, and other relevant information prior to being seen by the clinician and per current protocols.
- Prepare patients for exams to include, but not limited to performing tests or procedures (such as intake, vital signs, vision, and hearing screening).
- Assist clinician in exam room as needed and prepare exam room for use by next patient.
- Provide a variety of lab duties to include, but are not limited to instructing patients, completing logs and forms, and performing finger-sticks, urine tests, stool tests, and injections under appropriate supervision.
- Maintain inventory in examine rooms and lab, ordering additional supplies as needed.
- Clean exam rooms daily as per protocol, wash and disinfect the lab and all sinks daily. Work a flexible schedule including evenings, weekends, and overtime, as necessary.
- High School Diploma, GED, or equivalent required.
- Completion of medical assistant training program from an accredited school.
- Medical Assistant Certificate.
- Current CPR Certification (AHA)
- Three months’ customer service experience.
- Bilingual; Spanish is highly desirable
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office and the Internet.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit for extended periods of time; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms and talk or hear; bending, squatting, twisting, or reaching up above the shoulders frequently in a repetitive motion. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. This position utilized a computer keyboard, computer monitor, and telephone for prolonged periods of time.
Specific vision and hearing abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
This position is dependent on contract award.
InGenesis is one of the largest staffing firms in the industry and is among the largest diversity-owned healthcare staffing firms in North America. InGenesis is dedicated to placing people in positions that preserve life, improve lives, and inspire others. This does not happen without passionate people: skilled colleagues who are motivated to create innovative solutions and deliver superior service to our clients. InGenesis counts almost half of the Fortune 500 in our nearly 300 clients, including clients in the healthcare, life sciences, higher education and pharma industries.
InGenesis is proud to be an affirmative action employer and is committed to providing equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, or Veteran status. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know by visiting our website at https://www.ingenesis.com/careers/site-accommodations.