Registered Nurse - Urodynamic Testing
Urology | San Antonio, TX | Contract
Registered Nurse – Urodynamic Testing
Work Location: San Antonio, TX
Job Duties/Responsibilities/Functions (including but not limited to)
• Conduct the following procedures for Urodynamics (peds/adult)
• Pelvic Muscle Rehabilitation (peds/adults) Teaching behavioral therapies to patients
o Abdominal monitoring (EMG)
o External Sphincter monitoring (EMG)
o Electrical Stimulation
o Behavioral Teaching (ie, fluids, diet, urge suppression, stress strategies)
• Teaching Clean intermittent self-catheterization (peds/adults)
• Teaching MIC enemas (peds)
• Ano-rectal Physiology Testing
o Ano-rectal Manometry
o Pudendal Nerve Latency Testing
o Balloon Expulsion Test
• Pessary Insertions
o Follow ups
• Interstim Testing
o Includes post procedure follow up phone calls
• Interstim Adjustments
• External Catheter fitting for urinary incontinence
• Post void residual measurement
• Research Protocol patients
• Teaching Residents
• Maintaining Supplies
• Follow up patient calls
• Assisting Patient Care Coordinator with scheduling or other duties as needed
• Set up and clean room
• Research Patients (charting, meetings, protocols)
o Hands-on, one-on-one patient care
• Performs other duties as assigned.
• Possession of a current RN license.
• Two (2) years or greater of Urodynamics experience or Urology or Intensive care, or Medical/Surgical nursing or Operating room Circulator
• Ability to communicate, write clearly and effectively
• Bilingual in English/Spanish is preferred.
• Ability to read, interpret, and understand verbal or written instructions or orders
• Ability to establish and maintain working relationships with patient, families, and co-workers.
• Skill in organizing and prioritizing the work assignment to complete in a timely manner
• Ability to effectively plan, implement, coordinate, and evaluate pre-, mid-, and post-procedure care for interventional patients.
• Knowledge of performance improvement activities relevant to the care of Urology patients.
• Teaching skills in informal settings.
• Skill and ability to respond quickly and accurately with patient needs and physician direction
• Skill in operating equipment required to do the job.
• Must be compassionate, have excellent communication skills, be able to work independently, and be computer proficient.
InGenesis is dedicated to placing people in positions that preserve life, improve lives and inspire others. This does not happen without passionate people, skilled colleagues who are motivated to create innovative solutions and deliver superior service to our clients. Founded in 1998, InGenesis manages thousands of employees, including pioneering healthcare, science, technology and pharma professionals. The workforce solutions company includes almost half of the Fortune 500 in its nearly 300 clients. It is recognized as one of the largest healthcare staffing firms, and InGenesis is the largest minority/women owned healthcare staffing firm in North America.
We support a diverse workforce and is an Equal Opportunity Employer who does not discriminate against employees and applicants for employment on the basis of race, gender, color, religion, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, disability, veteran status, or other classification protected by law.