Registered Nurse - Multiple Sclerosis (sca2627mz)
Nursing | Dallas, TX | Full Time
Multiple Sclerosis Specialty
A successful and established Workforce Solutions Company is accepting applications for a Registered Nurse to provide services at the Dallas TX. The position offers a great opportunity to gain and/or enhance valuable work experience while working at a premiere Medical Center focusing on medical education and biomedical research. The position supports a great work/life balance. The schedule needed is the Day Shift 7a to 7p.
One year of RN experience. Specialty areas may have increased experience requirements as dictated by unit or standard of care.
Graduate of an approved/accredited nursing program either by a governmental authority, nursing board, or a licensing authority which has jurisdiction over approval/accreditation of nursing programs (Texas BON 217.1). Must be able to read, write and communicate in English.
Current Texas (or BNE Compact State) license, BSN preferred
Professional certification in a nursing organization is preferred
Unlicensed healthcare staff
- Performs and accurately documents physical, psychosocial, and emotional assessments. All assessments take into consideration age specific criteria (children, adolescents, adults and older adults).
- Actively anticipates patient’s and/or patient’s family needs and expectations and utilizes these in conjunction with the assessment to develop an appropriate plan of care for the patient. Utilizes critical thinking skills in planning and prioritizing nursing care. Maintains and utilizes competencies per unit expectation.
- Identifies and implements appropriate nursing interventions based on the completed assessment. Completes accurate and timely documentation of these interventions. Active coordinator of the interdisciplinary plan of care. Confers with all members of the health care team in a collaborative fashion. Shares information and observations of the patient and/or patient’s family in a manner that advocates for optimal patient care.
- Appropriately prioritizes nursing interventions based upon completed assessment. Promptly identifies changes in condition as evidenced by nursing assessment, labs, x-rays, etc. Reports changes, takes follow-up action as appropriate. Actively involves patient in plan of care and keeps patient, family and/or care-giver informed.
- Evaluates implemented interventions and modifies care according to the evaluation. Documents interventions and modifications to the plan of care in an accurate and timely manner.
- Adheres to appropriate hospital and/or Department of Nursing policies, procedures, clinical pathways and nationally accepted standards of nursing practice. Incorporates ANA standards, professional practice model (Shared governance) and care delivery model (Relationship Based Care) into the provision of safe, quality patient care. Nursing care is based on current literature and research.
- Provides appropriate and timely answers and/or education to patients, patient’s families, significant others and/or caregivers. Completes accurate and timely documentation of all education provided including discharge plan of care. Assesses competence, obtains feedback/evaluation of understanding from patient, family, significant other and/or /caregivers. Demonstrates effective communication based on individual patient needs and learning preferences.
- Welcomes and orients patient, family, significant other and/or caregiver to the unit. Encourages patient/family participation in care. Reviews personalized patient plan of care with patient/family every shift. Updates white boards accordingly and sets daily goals with patient input. Explains special diets, tests, procedures and medications in easily understood and appropriate language. Makes hourly rounds on patients and communicates when will return.
We support a diverse workforce and is an Equal Opportunity Employer who does not discriminate against employees and applicants for employment on the basis of race, gender, color, religion, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, disability, veteran status, or other classification protected by law.