Provider Network Consultant (3682)
Admin | Chicago, IL | Contract
Provider Network Consultant
Work Location: Chicago, IL
This position is responsible for supporting Medicare and Medicaid provider services, provider operations and contracting of Professional Medicare and Medicaid providers/groups.
Job Duties/Responsibilities/Functions(including but not limited to)
• Accountable for researching and resolving provider inquiries arising from contract, operations, system, and directory issues.
• Responsible for internal communications including working with Provider Network, Provider Relations, and Government Programs staff on issue resolution.
• Responsible for external communications including educating and updating the IL Medicaid and Medicare provider network community regarding policy updates, system and contractual changes.
• Assists in the composition and coordination of revised policies and procedures.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
• Bachelor’s degree OR 2 years of experience in health insurance/managed care industry handling independent decision making.
• Written and verbal communication skills to compose responses to external and internal entities, to educate providers, to compose training materials and procedures, to work across departments to resolve provider issues including claim research.
• PC proficiency including Microsoft Word and Excel.
InGenesis is dedicated to placing people in positions that preserve life, improve lives and inspire others. This does not happen without passionate people, skilled colleagues who are motivated to create innovative solutions and deliver superior service to our clients. Founded in 1998, InGenesis manages thousands of employees, including pioneering healthcare, science, technology and pharma professionals. The workforce solutions company includes almost half of the Fortune 500 in its nearly 300 clients. It is recognized as one of the largest healthcare staffing firms, and InGenesis is the largest minority/women owned healthcare staffing firm in North America.
We support a diverse workforce and is an Equal Opportunity Employer who does not discriminate against employees and applicants for employment on the basis of race, gender, color, religion, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, disability, veteran status, or other classification protected by law.