Health Care | Bethesda, MD | Full Time
InGenesis, Inc. is seeking a highly qualified and talented Patient Coordinator to work at our client site the National Institutes of Health in Bethesda, MD. This is a full-time position with benefits. Hours are Monday – Friday, 40 hours per week.
- Bachelor’s degree in Life Sciences or science related field.
- Minimum of three (3) year of experience of clinical protocols and medical terminology.
- Strong communications skills, both oral and written.
- Excellent analytical, organizational and time management skills.
- Able to multitask, be detail oriented and highly organized, and function independently
- Be people friendly and have a calm disposition
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Experience using Excel or similar software programs
- Act as liaison between physicians, nursing staff and other departments; answer incoming calls and route to appropriate staff.
- Coordinate new patient intake, including but not limited to:
- Communicate with patient and/or outside medical provider about intake process; perform tracking on new patient call.
- Collect medical records, neuroimaging and pathology materials.
- Communicate with appropriate staff about intake and materials and submission of materials for review.
- Coordinate patient travel and other appointments with NIH staff.
- Log new patient intake sheet information; send out electronic new patient packets and create a new electronic patient chart.
- Work with staff to coordinate new research patient screening appointments, procedures and imaging studies between protocol investigators and the outpatient clinic scheduling personnel.
- Maintain roster of all patients; track patient appointments and new patient calls.
- Maintain patient database, patient education folders and status board for clinic patients.
- File routine patient information, tests, reports, etc. into patient research records.
- Label all NOB patient medical record notes (external) with the patient’s Medical Record number; print and submit to Medical Records for filing.
- Organize/track pathology slides; send pathology slide back to originating hospital; keep pathology mailing list up to date; log in and file pathology airbills; scan, log and distribute pathology reports.
- Copy consent forms after clinic and distribute to NOB Research Nurse; mail to patient; file into patient’s chart and deliver original to Medical Records department.
- Send patient appointment reminders via email/mail as needed.
- Enter/update clinic and/or physician appointment schedule availability into the central appointment computer.
- Maintain calendar with current updates for the weekly clinic meeting.
- Upload outside MRI’s as needed for clinic use; put patients into rooms; pick up new MRI’s from film library.
- Return MRI scans to patients and coordinate the return of pathology slides to the histology lab.
- Correspond directly and through e-mail and letter with patients to arrange ATV travel, lodging including travel exception, direct bill request, lodge request and meals; enter data in the ATV system daily.
- Prepare and confirm radiology appointments using CRIS and the radiology calendar.
- Prepare and send out patient sympathy cards; log in and circulate cards to staff.
- Monitor patient and provider flow throughout clinic.
- Ensure that all CD’s with MRI’s are loaded into PACS system prior to clinic time.
- Competitive Salary
- Paid Time Off
- Paid Federal Holidays
- Medical, Dental, Vision Health Insurance Plans
- 401K Retirement Plan
- Life and Disability Insurance
Established in 1998, InGenesis enjoys a long history of positive government and commercial relationships with healthcare industry professionals and businesses nationwide. We are the recent recipients of an Inc. 5000 award, and dedicated to servicing our customers.
InGenesis is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, or national origin.