SOCIAL WORKER (Ohio2462-rs)
Social Worker | London, OH | Full Time
STATE OF OHIO
Make a positive impact in someone’s life today! The State of Ohio seeks a qualified, Licensed Social Worker to provide services at their State-run facilities. The position offers an opportunity to enhance and/or gain valuable work experience while working within the state employment system. We encourage you to apply and discover more about this opportunity. Upon applying, we will reach out to you and answer any questions you may have.
MINIMUM CLASS QUALIFICATIONS FOR EMPLOYMENT
- Requires current license as Social Worker (i.e., LSW) as issued by State of Ohio Counselor, Social Worker & Marriage & Family Therapist Board in accordance with ORC 4757.28.
- Completion of continuing professional education for license renewal pursuant to ORC 4757.33.
JOB DUTIES IN ORDER OF IMPORTANCE
- These duties are illustrative only. Incumbents may perform some or all of these duties or other job-related duties as assigned.
- Performs psychosocial interventions with clients
- Performs individual, family or group intervention (e.g., counseling, testing & education of the client)
- Develops intervention goals & objectives designed to give education & resolve client's problems in functioning
- Participates in process of establishing, implementing & evaluating treatment system's goals & objectives
- Interviews clients & client's family to establish case goals & objectives
- Assesses clients & determines specific intervention techniques for clients
- Monitors client's responses to treatment systems
- Provides feedback on effectiveness of prescribed treatment
- Evaluates lower-level social workers' cases & client's progress resulting from prescribed treatment plans.
- Maintains necessary data documents to satisfy requirements of federal, state & local agencies, prepares data requiring social histories, admission/ aftercare summaries, court documents & completes forms required by law &/or department policy.
- Serves on treatment teams & program development teams
- Attends training meetings, intradepartmental meetings & court hearings & establishes
- Maintains working relationship with other facilities, agencies & support services in order to coordinate referrals & conduct follow-up services.
MAJOR WORKER CHARACTERISTICS
Knowledge of departmental regulations, policy & procedures*; governmental rules & regulations; social work; counseling (group & individual); client/patient care; crisis intervention; employee instruction. Ability to counsel on sensitive matters; proofread technical materials, recognize errors & make corrections; recognize unusual or threatening conditions & take appropriate actions; understand an abstract field of study; problem solve in situations with many variables; apply social work theories, principles & techniques. (*)Developed after employment.
We support a diverse workforce and is an Equal Opportunity Employer who does not discriminate against employees and applicants for employment on the basis of race, gender, color, religion, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, disability, veteran status or other classification protected by law.