Senior Social Worker (4407-sc)
Social Worker | Norristown, PA | Full Time, Part Time, and Contract
Senior Social Worker
Work Location: Norristown PA
Job Duties/Responsibilities/Functions (including but not limited to)
- The employee is located in the Office of Developmental Programs, Bureau of Autism Services.
- Responsibilities may include, but are not limited to:
- Developing correspondence content in response to inquiries from individuals with autism and their families, legislators, other offices, and the autism community at large.
- Represent the Agency at meetings and workgroups.
- Become familiar with data sources and perform analyses as requested.
- Develop and deliver presentations to parent groups, self-advocacy groups and professional organizations.
- Supervise social work interns.
- Participate in the monitoring of providers and the development of monitoring quality control measures.
- Complete functional eligibility assessments for potential program participants.
- Maintain a data base of stakeholder groups.
- Develop a data base of resources for individuals and families.
- Manage individual cases as assigned, including coordinating with other program offices.
- Administration of Bureau family support programs (e.g. mini-grants).
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Master’s degree in Social Work is preferred.
- Experience: At least five years’ experience in providing direct social services, which includes one or more of the following: interviewing, assessing and evaluating individual human service’s needs; planning, counseling, advocating and referring individuals to appropriate providers of social services; and performing case management activities.
- At least two years’ experience working with individuals with an Autism Spectrum Disorder is required.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, including the ability to prepare and deliver presentations.
- Ability to extract, analyze and synthesize data from a variety of sources.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Ability to work independently and with minimal supervision.
- Ability to communicate effectively orally and in writing, including computer-based communication using e-mail, word processing and data base systems.
- Ability to develop PowerPoint presentations and speak in public forums.
InGenesis is dedicated to placing people in positions that preserve life, improve lives and inspire others. This does not happen without passionate people, skilled colleagues who are motivated to create innovative solutions and deliver superior service to our clients. Founded in 1998, InGenesis manages thousands of employees, including pioneering healthcare, science, technology and pharma professionals. The workforce solutions company includes almost half of the Fortune 500 in its nearly 300 clients. It is recognized as one of the largest healthcare staffing firms, and InGenesis is the largest minority/women owned healthcare staffing firm in North America.
We support a diverse workforce and is an Equal Opportunity Employer who does not discriminate against employees and applicants for employment on the basis of race, gender, color, religion, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, disability, veteran status, or other classification protected by law.