Senior Phlebotomist (San Antonio-cg-es)
Phlebotomy | San Antonio, TX | Full Time and Contract
Work Location: San Antonio TX
The Senior Phlebotomist, under direct supervision, is responsible for the collecting and processing of specimens from patients. Follows quality assurance and safety policies and procedures. Assists with patient flow as needed. Supports and adheres to the US Oncology Compliance Program, to include the Code of Ethics and Business Standards.
Job Duties/Responsibilities/Functions (including but not limited to)
- Performs phlebotomy and collects appropriate specimens from patients as ordered. Assures pre-authorizations and completes appropriate consent (ABN) prior to collection of limited coverage tests.
- Maintains proper documentation as described by the quality assurance program including accessing logs, equipment records and checklists.
- Maintains adequate inventory of supplies and ensures that all supplies are viable before using for patient collection.
- Sends specimens to reference laboratories for any testing not performed in house.
- Processes incoming orders for lab testing.
- Processes in-house and in-coming reports.
- Updates and filed all daily paperwork, lab logs and maintenance logs.
- Properly identifies and bands patients for blood production transfusion. Processes properly labeled specimens according to local blood bank policy.
- Operates designated laboratory equipment as directed.
- Uses equipment effectively, Skillfully and efficiently. Maintains equipment and work areas as directed.
- Performs waived lab testing under CLIA guidelines for personnel. Records proper lot numbers of all controls, calibrator, and reagents for waived lab tests.
- Complies with regulatory agency standards. Adhered to all OSHA compliance laws and Universal Precaution procedures.
- Properly disposes of hazardous materials.
- Maintains a clean working environment and restocks the phlebotomy and laboratory area as needed.
- Maintains confidently of all information related to patients and medical staff.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Position requires 5 or more years’ experience.
- High school diploma or equivalent is recommended.
- Licensure from an accredited school or phlebotomy recommended.
- Position may require traveling.
InGenesis is dedicated to placing people in positions that preserve life, improve lives and inspire others. This does not happen without passionate people, skilled colleagues who are motivated to create innovative solutions and deliver superior service to our clients. Founded in 1998, InGenesis manages thousands of employees, including pioneering healthcare, science, technology and pharma professionals. The workforce solutions company includes almost half of the Fortune 500 in its nearly 300 clients. It is recognized as one of the largest healthcare staffing firms, and InGenesis is the largest minority/women owned healthcare staffing firm in North America.
We support a diverse workforce and is an Equal Opportunity Employer who does not discriminate against employees and applicants for employment on the basis of race, gender, color, religion, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, disability, veteran status, or other classification protected by law.