Registered Nurse (RN) - Oncology
Nursing | Scottsdale, AZ | Full Time
Who we are
InGenesis is a successful and established Workforce Solutions Company aiming to help you find valuable employment in the areas of nursing and healthcare positions. Today, InGenesis is one of the largest workforce solutions firms in the United States ensuring nursing employment opportunities with available positions across the nation.
Purpose of job
- Supports and adheres to the US Oncology Compliance Program, to include the Code of Ethics and Business Standards.
- Under minimal supervision, provides professional nursing care for patients following established standards and practices.
- Demonstrates knowledge of age specific differences in the patient population including late adolescence, adulthood, middle age, and the elderly. This includes physiological, psychological, and developmental differences unique to each group.
- Mixes and administers chemotherapy, hydration and other medications under the direction and supervision of a physician.
- Assists physician with exams and procedures. Maintains efficient and appropriate patient flow in and out of exam rooms.
- Records patient data prior to each physician visit, including but not limited to, vital signs, height, weight, allergies, and medication changes.
- Maintains all exam room disinfection protocols. Assesses patients for changes in condition, including but not limited to abnormal labs, x-rays, scans, drug reactions and initiates appropriate action.
- Maintains knowledge of reimbursement procedures. Completes all chemotherapy charge forms. Assures pre-authorization and appropriate consent forms are obtained prior to administration of therapies.
- Demonstrates knowledge of ambulatory infusion pump use and maintenance, cleaning pumps after use, and proper documentation of pump usage.
- Facilitates dose modification by assessing patient, assessing labs, consulting protocol or treatment plan, calculating dose, and consulting physician regarding dosage modifications, problems, and symptom management.
- Performs venipuncture, accesses implanted ports and maintains central lines catheter devices.
- Administers all medications/blood products using correct medication/blood product, dosage/amount, route, time and technique.
- Displays appropriate technical skills for the administration of chemotherapy, medications and blood products, to include, but not limited to: venipuncture, central line access and infusion devices.
- Programs portable infusion pumps for continuous drug delivery and provides instruction to the patient and/or caregiver in the use of the pump at home.
- Documents nursing assessments, patient teaching and fluid and medication administration in the patient chart. Communicates all pertinent information and any interventions to the physician.
- Assures nursing charges are accurate and complete on patient fee slips. Acts as a resource person to the medical assistants.
- Triages patient phone calls as needed and documents relevant information in the patient's chart. Assesses patient/family needs and provides teaching and other instructional material. Demonstrates awareness of community resources available to patients and assists with referrals if necessary.
- Manages patient medication refill requests from the pharmacy telephone line and records the information in the patient chart
- Follows OSHA guidelines when handling cytotoxic agents, biohazardous waste and any other material potentially infected with a blood borne pathogen.
- Maintains patient confidentiality.
-Graduate from an accredited program for professional nursing education. BSN and OCN preferred, but not required.
-2-3 years experience, preferably in an oncology environment.
-Infusion experience is required.
At InGenesis we aim to provide employees the tools they need to succeed as individuals and as employees. For this reason, we offer a competitive salary, health insurance, paid PTO, and paid holidays.
Ensure your next employment opportunity.
Apply now by contacting Ernest Saldivar at 210-366-0033 x337 or submitting your resume.