Registered Nurse-Review/Eval Med Care Service (PA1511-2826)
Nursing | Harrisburg, PA | Full Time
REVIEW & EVALUATION MED CARE SERVICE
We are seeking qualified Registered Nurses to provide services to the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania in Harrisburg PA. The position offers a structured schedule which allows for a great work/life balance all while servicing your local government and making a difference in your community.
Join our Team! We encourage you to apply and discover more about this opportunity and others. Upon applying, we will reach out to you and answer any questions you may have.
- Possession of a current license to practice as a Registered Nurse by the Pennsylvania State Board of Nursing; or
- Possession of a non-renewable temporary practice permit issued by the Pennsylvania State Board of Nursing. Candidates possessing non-renewable temporary practice permits must obtain licensure as a Registered Nurse within the one-year period as defined by the Pennsylvania State Board of Nursing.
- Possession of current specialty certification as a Certified Hospice and Palliative Nurse issued by the National Board for Certification of Hospice and Palliative Nurses.
- Psychiatric or behavioral health background experience.
- Proficient writing and basic computer skills to include, but not limited to, Microsoft Office Products.
- Three years of professional experience with Medical Assistance (MA), health care services, or human services.
- Minimum of three years of recent (within the last five years) professional experience in Hospice care, quality management/utilization review and other related clinical experience.
- Knowledge of and familiarity with the following would be beneficial: Inter-Qual criteria, ICD-9 CM, and current procedure terminology.
- Ability to use professional judgment in identifying aberrant patterns and determining the appropriate action to be taken following the documentation review.
Position Duties include but are not limited to:
Candidate is responsible for the review and evaluation of medical information and examination of medical records and other documentation to assure that eligible medical assistance recipients receive appropriate and quality medical care that the Medical Assistance Program is properly billed, and that provider and/or recipient fraud, abuse and waste of the Medical Assistance Program is detected and corrected.
- Candidate must analyze and evaluate documentation submitted by the Medical Assistance Program service providers and generated through PROMISe™ in order to make professional medical judgments regarding the appropriateness of the Hospice care and services provided to eligible recipients under the Medical Assistance Program.
- Candidate will provide education to other staff, offices, and Department attorneys regarding current standards of Hospice care.
- Candidate will conduct reviews in the central office with the Medical Assistance Program service to organize and coordinate the review process.
- Candidate will also provide advisory and consultative services to boards and staff designed to improve the services or administrative procedures.
- The candidate may also represent the Department in an official capacity during an appeal process.
- Candidate must show a large degree of judgment and discretion.
We support a diverse workforce and is an Equal Opportunity Employer who does not discriminate against employees and applicants for employment on the basis of race, gender, color, religion, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, disability, veteran status, or other classification protected by law.