Registered Nurse (All Shifts Available) (1463)
Clinic | Columbus, OH | Contract
Register Nurse (All Shifts Available)
Work Location: Columbus, OH
InGenesis seeks a Registered Nurse to provide professional nursing care to students hospitalized in student health services unit, or to inmates, juvenile offenders, or consumers housed in state-owned/operated facility/institution and/or staff, observes, assesses and records symptoms, reactions and progress of infirmary patients and/or clinic out-patients. All shifts available. If you’re ready to provide these patients with the best care possible, then you are urged to apply now to begin the recruiting process today!
Job Duties/Responsibilities/Functions(including but not limited to)
• Provides professional nursing care to students hospitalized in student health services unit, or to inmates, juvenile offenders, or consumers housed in state-owned/operated facility/institution and/or staff, observes, assesses and records symptoms, reactions and progress of infirmary patients and/or clinic out-patients, makes nursing rounds, takes and re cords vitals, prepares and administers prescribed medications and ordered treatment plans and/or immunizations, monitors restrained (e.g., lock-ups, detention, isolated) patients on timely bas is (i.e., every 15 minutes) and provides immediate medical attention to emergencies (e.g., administers first aid; arranges transportation to hospital emergency room; contacts staff physician when necessary; counsels patient regarding need for medical referrals) and if assigned, also schedules, assigns and reviews work (i.e., has authority to either approve/disapprove leave requests or to complete performance , evaluations, but such is not mandatory to be performed) of lower-level staff (e.g., RNs, LP Ns), participates in staff development and education, reviews care plans written by staff and trains and orients new employees;?OR?In corrections medical center, is responsible for all health care of 20-60 bedridden inmates (i.e., makes rounds, evaluates?care needed and rendered; does care plans and teaches health care principles; administers medication including narcotics; renders all direct nursing care as needed) and performs specialized procedures (i.e., iv therapy, chemotherapy, wound care, oxygen therapy, dialysis, blood transfusion, incubation and CPR, tube feeding, catheterization, suctioning and phlebotomy duties).?
• Organizes and oversees 'code blue' team; directs health care staff (e.g., hospital aides and licensed practical nurses) assigned to area; acts as lead worker in charge of one assigned shift in absence of nurse 2 employee' assists physician in giving diagnostic health evaluations to students.?
• Performs clerical tasks (e.g., charts and records all medications, treatments and pertinent medical information; completes required reports such as incident and accident reports; documents Medicaid information; orders supplies and equipment; maintains constant and exact inventory of all controlled drugs, medication and equipment); arranges for out-patient clinic appointments; arranges for medical examinations to be done by school physician; arranges for new and refilled prescriptions ordered by physicians through local pharmacy; performs administrative tasks and serves as liaison with others in organization and conducts and/or attends meetings; serves as instructor on occasion; serves as member or leader of problem solving teams or groups.?
• Performs other duties as assigned.
• Requires current licensure as registered professional nurse in state of Ohio as issued by Board of Nursing per Section 4723.03 of Ohio Revised Code.
• Biennial renewal of licensure as Registered Nurse required
InGenesis is dedicated to placing people in positions that preserve life, improve lives and inspire others. This does not happen without passionate people, skilled colleagues who are motivated to create innovative solutions and deliver superior service to our clients. Founded in 1998, InGenesis manages thousands of employees, including pioneering healthcare, science, technology and pharma professionals. The workforce solutions company includes almost half of the Fortune 500 in its nearly 300 clients. It is recognized as one of the largest healthcare staffing firms, and InGenesis is the largest minority/women owned healthcare staffing firm in North America.
We support a diverse workforce and is an Equal Opportunity Employer who does not discriminate against employees and applicants for employment on the basis of race, gender, color, religion, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, disability, veteran status, or other classification protected by law.