Health Care | Bethesda, MD | Full Time
InGenesis is seeking to fill a Nurse Practitioner position located in Bethesda, MD. The supporting agency is the (NIH) National Institutes of Health within the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services (HHS) that provides clinical and research services exclusively for the Federal Government. The (40) hour work week will include locations in MD/DC.
- Master’s Degree in Nursing with a current license in MD, DC or if licensed in another state must provide documentation of a pending MD/DC license.
- Successful completion of a Nurse Practitioner program from an accredited college or university nursing program
- Current ACLS and/or BLS certification
- Minimum of 2 years related experience
- Strong communications skills, both oral and written.
- Excellent analytical, organizational and time management skills.
Specific Tasks: Primary duties and competencies include but are not limited to:
- Provide direct patient care in a clinical research setting for the CCMD patients in/outpatient setting.
- Screen new patients who are candidates for protocols; determine subject’s eligibility based on inclusion/exclusion criteria; file clinical research forms; consent patients into protocols.
- Collaborate with staff to develop and optimize clinical research-related tools; work with staff to design, develop and implement clinical research studies and protocol amendments.
- Collaborate with members of the multidisciplinary research team to ensure that patient management strategies are successful in meeting patient care and research needs.
- Participate in clinical rounds and conferences, and in-depth documentation through written progress notes, summaries and clinical research forms.
- Work with staff on recruitment of patients to clinical protocols by devising recruitment materials and strategies, and by establishing and maintaining relationships with local healthcare providers, referring physicians and volunteer organizations.
- Perform a wide range of highly complex and novel patient care and clinical research activities.
- Follow own cohort of patients on clinical research protocols.
- Conduct comprehensive medical histories, physical examinations, and management of adult patients with complex and difficult multi-system diseases.
- Order and interpret basic laboratory tests and diagnostic procedures; write prescriptions/order medications.
- Distinguish between normal and abnormal findings and evaluate which findings need referral to other health professionals within organization or outside the organization.
- Plan, evaluate and modify treatment plans based on patient needs and protocol.
- Provide continuity of care, counsel patients and family members, and educate patients about their disease and protocol medications.
- Monitor patients for toxicities of treatment.
- Perform protocol procedures, both in outpatient and inpatient settings as part of the clinical team.
- Collect relevant clinical data on patients participating in clinical trials.
- Record clinical data; enter and retrieve data using the medical information system.
- Obtain informed consent.
- Adhere to all medical record/legal documentation requirements.
Detailed job description available to all interested candidates.
Please apply online for consideration.
Established in 1998, InGenesis enjoys a long history of positive government and commercial relationships with healthcare industry professionals and businesses nationwide. We are the recent recipients of an Inc. 5000 award, and dedicated to servicing our customers.
InGenesis is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, or national origin.