MRI Technician (4662-4663-opmgr)
Imaging | Ft. Hood, TX | Part Time and Contract
Work Location: Ft. Hood TX
The MRI Technician position is a part-time two 10-hour shifts needed coverage on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) between 6A-7P per month. Coverage is needed one weekend a month, or two weekends if available.
Job Duties/Responsibilities/Functions (including but not limited to)
- All services shall be provided in accordance with established standards, principles and ethics of the profession and applicable professional specialty organizations, Joint Commission on Accreditation of Healthcare Organizations standards, applicable Department of Defense (DoD) and service specific regulations, directives, and policies, and MTF policies, procedures, and job descriptions. Contract employees shall give the highest regard to patient dignity and observe the precepts of the American Hospital Association’s Bill of Rights for Patients. The contract health care provider shall provide services in conjunction with other non-contract providers to include physicians, nurse practitioners, physician assistants, registered and licensed practical nurses, and support personnel. All contract health care providers provided by the contractor shall perform essentially the same functions, within the scope of acceptable practice, as those required by Army or government service health care professionals of similar experience and in similar duty assignments.
- As part of the managed care network, the providers may be required to interface with network participants, including other government contractors in order to appropriately manage services for the beneficiaries. Contact with other government contractors will be for the sole purpose of coordinating patient care.
- Contract providers shall perform services under the control and general supervision of the Chief, Department Radiology/Women’s Health Clinic or his/her designated government representative.
- To perform other duties as assigned.
- Magnetic Resonance Imaging (MRI) Technicians, shall be a graduate of a program in radiology technology approved by the Committee on Allied Health Education and Accreditation of the AMA, or be certified by the Registry of Radiology Technologists, the American Registry of Clinical Radiography Technologists, or the American Registry for Diagnostic Medical Sonographers (ARDMS). "
- MRI Technicians must have a minimum of one (1) year experience within the last two (2) years.
- Must have and maintain current certification in Basic Cardiac Life Support (BCLS) by the American Heart Association.
- Must be able to read, write, and speak English well enough to effectively communicate with patients and other HCPs.
- Required to continue and meet Continuing Medical Education (CME) requirements. The government will not reimburse for these costs.
- Must be able to type and experience using computers.
InGenesis is dedicated to placing people in positions that preserve life, improve lives and inspire others. This does not happen without passionate people, skilled colleagues who are motivated to create innovative solutions and deliver superior service to our clients. Founded in 1998, InGenesis manages thousands of employees, including pioneering healthcare, science, technology and pharma professionals. The workforce solutions company includes almost half of the Fortune 500 in its nearly 300 clients. It is recognized as one of the largest healthcare staffing firms, and InGenesis is the largest minority/women owned healthcare staffing firm in North America.
We support a diverse workforce and is an Equal Opportunity Employer who does not discriminate against employees and applicants for employment on the basis of race, gender, color, religion, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, disability, veteran status, or other classification protected by law.