Medical Technologist (3663)
Laboratory Technician | Houston, TX | Contract
Work Location: Houston, TX
InGenesis seeks a Medical Technologist. The primary purpose of this position is to perform independently the analytical methodology employed in one or more sections in the clinical laboratories. If you meet the qualifications, please apply.
Job Duties/Responsibilities/Functions(including but not limited to)
• Perform all laboratory testing specific to the assigned section.
• Remain knowledgeable and competent for all policies, procedures and protocols.
• Ensure and verify data associated with the individual reference lab tests is appropriate for the complexity of the reported tests.
• Troubleshoot and maintain laboratory equipment.
• Maintain competency in computer functions in assigned areas.
• Follow section’s inventory control system to assure effective use of supplies and reagents.
• Demonstrate ability to perform all duties in the Processing and test referral area.
• Comply with safety guidelines and procedures and adhere to regulatory mandates.
• Enhance productivity and laboratory lab functions by demonstrating dependability.
• Adjust, prioritize, and organize work to achieve maximum productivity to meet the workload
demands of the section.
• Manage all customer service interactions with diplomacy, actively facilitating resolutions to problems and addressing the needs of clients both internal and external.
• Assist in the development of laboratory personnel and tests, to enhance laboratory functions.
• Actively participate in training Processing and Call Center staff members in new department protocols
• Participate in process improvement projects.
• Validate and evaluate new methodologies and tests with the help of Laboratory Manager and technical support.
• Validate and maintain database for software, and new tests implementation.
• Perform other duties as assigned.
• Bachelor’s degree in a related science field.
• At least one year of clinical lab experience or Medical Technologist internship
• Punctual and reliable.
• Ability to work independently and utilize resources to enhance efficiency.
InGenesis is dedicated to placing people in positions that preserve life, improve lives and inspire others. This does not happen without passionate people, skilled colleagues who are motivated to create innovative solutions and deliver superior service to our clients. Founded in 1998, InGenesis manages thousands of employees, including pioneering healthcare, science, technology and pharma professionals. The workforce solutions company includes almost half of the Fortune 500 in its nearly 300 clients. It is recognized as one of the largest healthcare staffing firms, and InGenesis is the largest minority/women owned healthcare staffing firm in North America.
We support a diverse workforce and is an Equal Opportunity Employer who does not discriminate against employees and applicants for employment on the basis of race, gender, color, religion, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, disability, veteran status, or other classification protected by law.