Medical Records Assistant (PA1617SC)
Medical Records | Clarks Summit, PA | Full Time and Temporary
Medical Records Assistant
Clarks Summit PA
Seeking a qualified Medical Records Assistant to provide services to the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania in Clarks Summit PA. The position offers a structured schedule which allows for a great work/life balance all while servicing your local government and making a difference in your community.
- One (1) year of clerical experience in a medical records department of a hospital, or ambulatory acute medical care setting or a licensed nursing facility, which has included six (6) months of experience under the general direction or oversight by a registered Medical Records Technician or Administrator.
- High school diploma or graduation from a medical secretarial or medical records program; or any equivalent combination of experience and training.
- Basic computer skills to include, but not limited to, Microsoft Office Products.
Duties include but are not limited to:
- This is specialized clerical work in the preparation, classification, and abstracting of medical reports.
- Assist in the initiation and maintenance of medical records by preparing and typing medical reports, abstracts, and summaries, and reviewing and processing medical records to ensure their accuracy and completeness.
- Work includes the coding of physicians' diagnoses using standardized codes such as in the International Classification of Diseases classification system. Work requires a high degree of accuracy and proficiency within the framework of standard methods and procedures.
- Work is performed under the supervision of a Medical Records Technician, Medical Records Director, Cancer Registry Specialist, or a Cancer Registry Administrator.
We support a diverse workforce and is an Equal Opportunity Employer who does not discriminate against employees and applicants for employment on the basis of race, gender, color, religion, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, disability, veteran status, or other classification protected by law.