Medical Lab Technician (MLT)
Medical Laboratory Technician | Fort Bragg, NC | Full Time and Contract
MEDICAL LAB TECHNICIAN (MLT)
We have an exciting opportunity available for a Medical Lab Technician to join our client located in Fort Bragg, NC! As the Medical Lab Tech, you’ll collect samples to perform tests to analyze body fluids, tissue and other substances. These tests will ultimately help search for basic clues to the absence, presence, extent and causes of diseases. It will also be your duty to ensure that each test is performed efficiently and accurately in order to continue high-quality patient care. So if you’re ready to perform exciting, varied and vital work that is important to individuals’ healthcare, then what are you waiting for?! Apply today!
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Working at the Blood Donor Center and also setting up and tearing down mobile collection sites processing Blood and Blood Components.
- Prepare bags for issue blood drives
- Input donor demographic into the automated blood banking systems and hospital and information systems(e.g., DBSS,CHCS).
- Perform quality control check on equipment and reagents.
- Prepare the units after collection for Component Processing.
- Label and ship blood and blood components.
- Perform Donor apheresis Procedures, processing inventory labeling and shipping of Red Blood Cells( RBCs) Fresh Frozen Plasma ( FFT) Apheresis Platelets, and Recovered Plasma (PRS).
- Must have at least one year experience in the clinical setting environment. Experience in blood banking auditing and record review a plus.
- (ASCP, AMT) Associates degree in science in medical laboratory technology/medical laboratory, technician.
- Must have at least one year experience in a clinical setting environment. Experience in blood banking, auditing and record review a plus.
- Basic Cardiac Life Support (BLS)
HOW TO APPLY:
To apply for this opportunity please utilize the “Apply Now/Submit Resume” button.