Event Coordinator (4770)
Admin | Dallas, TX | Contract
Work Location: Dallas, TX
The Event Coordinator oversees all aspects of event planning and management, including internal and external events. If you meet the qualifications, please apply and a Recruiter will reach out to you and answer any questions you may have.
Job Duties/Responsibilities/Functions(including but not limited to)
• Manages all aspects of events with internal and external vendors and departments.
• Coordinates, plans, strategizes, and organizes the production of special events and programs by structuring the responsibilities of staff, setting goals and objectives for each event, creating timelines, problem solving and financial management of each event.
• Correspondence with outside suppliers; hotel Interaction / hotel site management is HUGE! Working with Hotel Coordinator regarding meeting space, communicating, walk through, maps. Ensures sound, microphone, quotes for AV, planning time for breaks, planning for meals, making sure allergy questions are addressed.
• Responsible for the day-to-day operations of the office to ensure that upcoming special event timelines are being met by the office.
• Negotiates and reviews vendor contracts for events. Establishes a network of vendors and contacts to hire for event production. Responsible for decision making with vendors at events.
• Establishes and monitors event budgets and resources. Manages reconciliation of all final invoices and deliverables.
• Responsible for the completion of event approval forms, event data and reports to ensure office compliance and standards.
• Manages a variety of third-party services including caterers, rental companies, valet services, florist and promotional vendors.
• Updates and maintains all electronic events files.
• Manages special projects and works on planning committees for Donor appreciation receptions and dinners, building dedications, lectures, meetings, luncheons, symposiums, etc.
• Acts as back up to the Director of Special Events.
• Sets goals and objectives for each event, creates and implements timelines, and problem solves.
• Manages all aspects of events including negotiation with internal and external vendors, budgets and reconciliation, coordinating invitations (evites, mailings…), maintaining information lists, etc.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
• Bachelor's degree or equivalent and three (3) years’ experience in event planning as well as extensive experience with special events required.
• Experience working with complex budgets, preparing financial spreadsheets and tracking expenditures required, and prepare concise expense reports.
• Possess and demonstrated strong communication, facilitation and organizational skills.
• Computer skills proficiency to complete work required including web-based and social media activities but not limited to Microsoft Office.
• (CMP) Certified Meeting Planner is preferred
• At least five (5) years’ experience in coordinating Hotel Site Management/ Medical Panel & Seminar/Workshops/Symposiums
InGenesis is dedicated to placing people in positions that preserve life, improve lives and inspire others. This does not happen without passionate people, skilled colleagues who are motivated to create innovative solutions and deliver superior service to our clients. Founded in 1998, InGenesis manages thousands of employees, including pioneering healthcare, science, technology and pharma professionals. The workforce solutions company includes almost half of the Fortune 500 in its nearly 300 clients. It is recognized as one of the largest healthcare staffing firms, and InGenesis is the largest minority/women owned healthcare staffing firm in North America.
We support a diverse workforce and is an Equal Opportunity Employer who does not discriminate against employees and applicants for employment on the basis of race, gender, color, religion, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, disability, veteran status, or other classification protected by law.