District Medical Advisor - Orthopedic Surgeon (2793)
Orthopedic Surgery | Baltimore, MD | Contract
District Medical Advisor – Orthopedic Surgeon (Offsite Nationwide)
Work Location: Baltimore, MD
The District Medical Advisor – Orthopedic Surgeon will support the medical and consultative needs for Federal agencies, representing FOHS, US Public Health Service as a surrogate medical consultant. The Independent Consultant’s work schedule is approximately 40-60 hours per month.
Job Duties/Responsibilities/Functions(including but not limited to)
• Medical/Surgical Review – Routine: This category will cover review for routine medical/surgical authorization or opinion on issues including (but not limited to) extended physical therapy, consequential condition causal relationship, etc. provide a response within 10 working days
• Medical/Surgical Review – Complex: This category will cover review for routine medical/surgical authorization or opinion on issues including (but not limited to) destructive procedures, and complex medical conditions (cardio-pulmonary, psychiatric, etc.). provide a response within 20 working days
• Performs a mixture of administrative, clinical, and consultant responsibilities depending on their specific assignments
• Demonstrates a strong level of technical expertise and ability to work and communicate effectively in high stress situations.
• Receives FOHS program direction from the Associate Medical Director for Federal Occupational Health
• Possesses a strong technical knowledge regarding federal safety, health regulations and Workman’s Compensation and demonstrates a high level of professional conduct
• Promotes improvement-oriented ideas, and produces quality products under a short time frame
• Provides consultation with local agency management on program needs/development, provision of acute emergency care, completion of federally-regulated and agency-mandated examinations (medical surveillance, return to work, etc.), health screenings, and employee health consultations
• May be required to conduct hands-on examinations, render a professional opinion as it relates to work clearances or recommendations consistent with the examination findings and established physical qualifications
• Provides expert advice and consultation to FOH and Federal agencies on Workmen’s Compensation matters.
• Performs medical consultation in accordance with FOHS’ policy and guidelines
• Licensed physician (MD or DO) degree, valid unrestricted (i.e. no disciplinary actions present or pending) state licensure to practice medicine from one of the 50 states or the District of Columbia, board-certification in their respective specialties by one of the medical specialty Boards recognized by the American Board of Medical Specialties, or by the American Osteopathic Association
• Active medical practice with a minimum of 240 hours of direct patient care per year, qualifications to participate as a medical provider under the Federal Employees' Compensation Act.
• Must possess expert understanding of Federal safety and health regulations, experience in addressing ADA requests, and BLS/ACLS/AED certification required if providing direct patient care.
• Basic computer skills (e.g., MS Word, Excel, MS Access, and Outlook) required.
• Certain positions may require FAA flight surgeon certification or MROCC certification.
• Advanced training in Public Health is desired with a previous experience as a medical consultant for a Federal agency.
• A broad knowledge of requirements of workman’s compensation is desired.
• As demonstrated through experience on CV/resume, must possess excellent written and oral communication skills and have experience in dealing with various size organizations representing widely divergent backgrounds, points of view, and levels of authority (i.e. labor union and management issues relating to workman’s comp).
InGenesis is dedicated to placing people in positions that preserve life, improve lives and inspire others. This does not happen without passionate people, skilled colleagues who are motivated to create innovative solutions and deliver superior service to our clients. Founded in 1998, InGenesis manages thousands of employees, including pioneering healthcare, science, technology and pharma professionals. The workforce solutions company includes almost half of the Fortune 500 in its nearly 300 clients. It is recognized as one of the largest healthcare staffing firms, and InGenesis is the largest minority/women owned healthcare staffing firm in North America.
We support a diverse workforce and is an Equal Opportunity Employer who does not discriminate against employees and applicants for employment on the basis of race, gender, color, religion, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, disability, veteran status, or other classification protected by law.