Clerk II (OHIO2427mz)
Administrative | Columbus, OH | Full Time
A successful and established Workforce Solutions Company is accepting applications for a full-time Clerk II to provide services to the State of Ohio. The position offers a structured M-F 8:00 to 5:00 work schedule making for a great work life balance.
- Performs general clerical tasks (i.e., incumbents are free to make some work procedural decisions which do not contravene policies) (e.g., processes financial &/or budgetary statements, purchase orders &/or billings; logs, checks &/or computes totals &/or makes changes in filed data by adding, adjusting &/or deleting materials, researches files for data or information requested; makes corrections to filed data; logs & codes data; maintains files by purging, consolidating or creating files; provides preliminary contact with public; provides information; completes routine forms; maintains accurate records).
- Performs basic clerical tasks (e.g., picks up, opens, stamps, sorts, distributes &/or sends out mail; does copy work; counts, alphabetizes, separates, collates, codes, sorts & distributes materials; photocopies; greets visitors, answers telephone, takes messages &/or refers calls).
- Performs other related duties (e.g., types various materials, operates video display terminal to enter & retrieve data, operates word processing equipment &/or personal computer).
- Perform some or all of these duties or other job-related duties as assigned.
MINIMUM CLASS QUALIFICATIONS FOR EMPLOYMENT
- Formal education in arithmetic that includes addition, subtraction, multiplication & division & in reading, writing & speaking common English vocabulary
- 4 months training or 4 months experience in office practices & procedures
- 3 months training or 3 months experience in public relations, OR
- 4 months experience as Clerk I, 12111, OR
- Equivalent of Minimum Class Qualifications for Employment noted above.
We support a diverse workforce and is an Equal Opportunity Employer who does not discriminate against employees and applicants for employment on the basis of race, gender, color, religion, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, disability, veteran status, or other classification protected by law.