Certified Nursing Assistant
Clinic | Baltimore, MD | Full Time
InGenesis, Inc. is seeking a highly qualified and talented Certified Nursing Assistant to work at our client site the National Institutes of Health at Harbor Hospital in Baltimore, MD. This is a PRN position, on an as needed basis. Potential shifts are 3pm – 11pm and 11pm – 7am, Sunday – Thursday.
- High school diploma with current certification as a nursing assistant through the Maryland Board of Nursing.
- Current Basic Life Support certification through the American Heart Association.
- Experience with Microsoft Office Suite (MS Word, Excel, Outlook).
- Minimum of six (6) years of related experience.
- Strong communications skills, both oral and written.
- Excellent organizational, interpersonal and time management skills.
- Perform basic procedures; collect and process specimens; perform venipuncture; obtain EKGs; perform IV insertion; check vital signs.
- Conduct a variety of tests and procedures of a technical nature, including, but not limited to, Dual Energy X-Ray Absorptiometry (DEXA), bone density scans, Holter Monitor, electrocardiogram (ECG/EKG). Anthrometric Measurements, Hearing, Visual Acuity and 24-hour Urine Collections and Measurements.
- Receive Nursing report and give report to assigned RN upon end of shift and as needed throughout the day.
- Obtain data and accurately document pertinent patient information.
- Assist patients/participants with activities of daily living as needed.
- Work with staff on transport of patients, specimens, equipment and supplies.
- Maintain patient privacy and confidentiality.
- Communicate changes in patients’ condition to staff.
- Report actual and potential problems concerning patients, families and staff.
- Respond to questions from patients, families and significant others or refer to appropriate personnel.
- Follow safety management P&Ps in the use of equipment and supplies.
- Work with staff to orient new staff members.
Established in 1998, InGenesis enjoys a long history of positive government and commercial relationships with healthcare industry professionals and businesses nationwide. We are the recent recipients of an Inc. 5000 award and dedicated to servicing our customers.
InGenesis is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, or national origin.