Behavioral Health Coordinator
Mental Health | Rockford, IL | Temp to Perm
Behavioral Health CoordinatorInGenesis has an exciting opportunity for a Behavioral Health Coordinator in Rockford, IL. This is an exciting opportunity to work for a well know insurance company
This position is responsible for conducting home health assessment, contacting identified members to inform and educate them on health care programs to address their personal health plan needs, engaging the member in discussion of adherence to personal health plans, responding to inquiries from members, and supporting the clinicians in the Medical Management department with their provider and member activities.
- Bachelor of Social Work or Psychology OR LVN, LPN with 1 year experience in managed care systems OR RN OR 3 years care coordination for a state managed or waiver program OR 3 years managed care systems experience.
- Knowledge of medical terminology
- Experience coordinating member medical related needs, providing assistance to members, and analyzing member needs
- PC proficiency including Microsoft Office applications
- Customer service skills
- Verbal and written communications skills including developing written correspondence to members and to other department personnel and coaching skills, including motivational interviewing, to educate members on medical issues
- Current state driver license, transportation, and applicable insurance
- Ability and willingness to travel