Health Care | Bethesda, MD | Full Time
Respiratory Therapist (Full time)
InGenesis, Inc. is seeking highly qualified Respiratory Therapists to provide PRN coverage at Walter Reed National Naval Medical Center in Bethesda, MD. We are seeking talented and committed individuals available to work day shift.
- One year experience within the last three years as a certified respiratory therapist.
- Graduation from an accredited respiratory therapist course through the Committee on Accreditation for Respiratory Care (CoARC).
- State certification as a Registered Respiratory Therapist.
- Current BLS certification from the American Heart Association, Advance Cardiac Life Support (ACLS), and Pediatric Advanced Life Support (PALS)
- Must be a US Citizen
- Must undergo complete credentialing and occupational health requirements prior to approval to start work.
- Must be able to obtain a federal government security clearance. Federal government security clearances require a 10 year background investigation.
The Respiratory Therapist will be expected to provide the following services:
- Set up and monitor a variety of complex respiratory equipment.
- Assess the cardiopulmonary condition of assigned patients using data acquired through physical examination and respiratory monitoring and diagnostic equipment.
- Draw arterial, venous and mixed venous blood samples. Perform airway and tube care on intensive care patients. On the basis of patient assessment and analysis of blood gas data, independently make adjustment to ventilator settings. Determine the effectiveness and/or need for change in the therapy being administered.
- Monitor and interpret values such as pulmonary artery pressure, pulmonary capillary edge pressure, mixed venous oxygen content, and cardiac output for the purpose of reporting patient status and making a recommendation to physicians regarding treatment.
- During emergency situations be part of the “crash” team. Be able to independently insert artificial airway into patient's trachea to provide controlled breathing.
- Provide in service training to other respiratory therapists and nursing personnel.
- Calibrate complex respiratory equipment. Identify and correct mechanical malfunction of equipment used in the respiratory therapy service.
- Oversee and direct Respiratory Aid and Technician as required maintaining continuum of care to patient.
- Maintain accurate clinical records and receive requests for consultations and laboratory work of specific patients. Complete medical charting within 72 hours of patient visit.
Established in 1998, InGenesis enjoys a long history of positive government and commercial relationships with healthcare industry professionals and businesses nationwide. We are the recent recipients of an Inc. 5000 award, and dedicated to servicing our customers.
InGenesis is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, or national origin.