Health Care | Bethesda, MD | Full Time
InGenesis, Inc. is seeking a highly qualified Patient Coordinator to work at our client site the National Institutes of Health in Bethesda, MD. This is a full-time position with benefits. Hours are Monday – Friday, 8:30am - 4:30pm.
- High school diploma.
- Minimum of three (3) years of related experience.
- Requires proficiency in Spanish (oral, written, and cultural proficiency) to communicate to Spanish-speaking patients and families and provide good customer service. Therefore, bilingual proficiency in both English and Spanish is required.
- Experience with clinical protocols and medical terminology.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite (MS Word, Excel, Outlook) and spreadsheet applications.
- Strong communications skills, both oral and written.
- Excellent analytical, organizational and time management skills.
- Act as a point of contact for patients enrolled in NIAMS protocols.
- Enter requests in the Admissions/Travel/Voucher (ATV) system and ensure they are complete and accurate.
- Transcribe requests for patient admission.
- Register new outpatients by entering accurate, timely and complete information into the NIH Clinical Research Information Computer System (CRIS).
- Schedule the tests for patients and communicate scheduled test/date/time by email to appropriate provider (tests may include the following as examples):
- All radiology imaging related tests
- Miscellaneous specialty specific tests
- Schedule consults directly with Dermatology and ENT (as examples), with clinical request by MD/NP for other specialties.
- Submit pre-admits for patients coming to the Day Hospital per DH policies.
- Schedule patient visits in the pediatric outpatient clinic, outpatient clinics and Day Hospital.
- Arrange for interpreter services, as appropriate.
- Maintain proactive communication with NIAMS study teams for requested tasks (i.e., respond to email requests with acknowledgment of request and send task completion email).
- Review weekly inpatient and outpatient schedules and ensure that appropriate arrangements are made (interpreters, consults, imaging).
- Procure outside medical records, radiology studies, biopsy slides and submits to the respective departments at the NIH.
- Deliver outside labs and medical records to be scanned in to patient medical records.
- Arrange for patient lodging and transportation when needed.
- Respond to patient emails and phone calls within one business day; prioritize patient related issues into urgent, emergent and routine; triage the issues to the appropriate personnel in the team as necessary.
- Make reminder phone calls to patients about their appointments.
- Maintain proactive communication within team for requested tasks (i.e., respond to email requests with acknowledgment of request and send task completion email).
- Participate in quality improvement projects.
- Attend weekly clinical study team meetings.
- Adhere to regulations and directives concerning patient confidentiality.
- Competitive Salary
- Paid Time Off
- Paid Federal Holidays
- Medical, Dental, Vision Health Insurance Plans
- 401K Retirement Plan
- Life and Disability Insurance
Established in 1998, InGenesis enjoys a long history of positive government and commercial relationships with healthcare industry professionals and businesses nationwide. We are the recent recipients of an Inc. 5000 award, and dedicated to servicing our customers.
InGenesis is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, or national origin.