Health Care | Bethesda, MD | Full Time
InGenesis, Inc. is seeking a highly qualified and talented Nurse Practitioner to work at our client site the National Institutes of Health in Bethesda, MD. This is a part-time position, 3 nights per week (flexible on the nights) – 6pm – 10pm and Saturday and Sunday – 10am – 4pm.
- Master’s degree in Nursing.
- Licensed Nurse Practitioner with current state licensure and credentials.
- Minimum of five (5) years of specialized experience in a psychiatric or research setting.
- Minimum of five (5) years of related experience.
- Knowledge of the scientific process including assessment, planning, implementation and evaluation of complex and subtle patient needs and interventions.
- Knowledge of currently accepted and state of the art nursing, medical and research practice to specific patient populations.
- Ability to obtain and record complete health histories, conduct psychiatric and nursing assessments, complete a history and physical exam, and communicate and interpret data from these and other sources.
- Ability to administer and interpret psychiatric evaluations tools.
- Strong communications skills, both oral and written.
- Excellent interpersonal, analytical, organizational and time management skills.
- Provide comprehensive patient management activities in the outpatient MRI setting.
- Recruit and screen healthy volunteers and patients for MRI, MRS and other imaging procedures.
- Conduct structured and semi-structured interviews with patients and parents families; provide clinical support to patients and families throughout the time of participation in imaging studies; provide clinical and psychological support to adult and pediatric patients and healthy volunteers.
- Perform preliminary evaluation of potential subjects through e-Interviewing, review of medical records, completion of MRI and TMS safety screening, consultation with treating professionals, and consultation with NIMH and radiology medical staff.
- Screen healthy subjects and patients; interview subjects to obtain social, medical and psychiatric history, medication history, history of and use of alcohol and illicit drugs.
- Provide guidance during procedures for brain imaging and neuromodulation studies; ensure that physical status has been checked; review MRI screen and TMS safety screen, current consent forms, and (for females) that urine pregnancy test is negative.
- Monitor participant's comfort, anxiety level; provide assurance to participants and detection of and proper medical management of seizures.
- Perform physical examinations; enter medical orders (especially for MRI exams); review lab and other test results for normal and abnormal findings with guidance from a physician or collaboration with other staff.
- Provide psychosocial, psychopharmacological and device-based therapies to adults primarily with diagnoses of a psychiatric disorder and healthy controls
- Perform emergency management procedures on unstable patients
- Monitor patient safety and provide family support and crisis management as needed.
- Interpret data and determine normal and abnormal findings that merit immediate clinical action, such as serious abnormal MRI or laboratory findings; present data and analyses to the primary investigator for clinical monitoring.
- Participate in research group meetings and in the decision-making process regarding patient inclusion in the studies, diagnoses, and patient and family management throughout
- Obtain consent for MRI procedures
- Make recommendations for appropriate referrals, including NIH resources.
- Document research and clinical findings.
- Participate in the planning and execution of clinical research in the capacity of clinical support staff.
- Address any concerns that arise from research participants following completion of an MRI examination.
- Communicate all relevant findings/ information to the multidisciplinary research team.
- Provide feedback to staff on all issues affecting the quality of the research.
- Protect research participant data in accordance with regulatory requirements.
- Competitive Salary
- Paid Time Off
- Paid Federal Holidays
- Medical, Dental, Vision Health Insurance Plans
- 401K Retirement Plan
- Life and Disability Insurance
Established in 1998, InGenesis enjoys a long history of positive government and commercial relationships with healthcare industry professionals and businesses nationwide. We are the recent recipients of an Inc. 5000 award, and dedicated to servicing our customers.
InGenesis is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, or national origin.