Health Care | Bethesda, MD | Full Time
InGenesis, Inc. is seeking to fill a full-time Nurse Consultant opening with the Federal Occupational Health (FOH) in Bethesda, MD. FOH is a non-appropriated agency within the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services (HHS) that provides occupational health and wellness services exclusively to federal employees. This position works under the supervision of the Chief of Clinical Services and senior leadership of Federal Occupational Health (FOH). The position coordinates with team members from the Office of Performance, Analysis, and Quality (OPAQ), to oversee and direct the Joint Commission (TJC) accreditation activities within Clinical Health Services (CHS) to ensure the successful completion of TJC requirements.
- Must possess a BSN and have a minimum of three (3) years of experience in clinical leadership, OR an Associate’s Degree with five (5) years of clinical leadership experience.
- Must have a current license in one of the 50 states.
- Must be a graduate from a National League of Nursing (NLN) accredited school of nursing (Diploma, AND, or BSN).
- A minimum of two (2) years of experience in occupational health.
- Knowledge of principles and practices of healthcare administration of multi-site health care systems.
- Comprehensive knowledge of TJC Ambulatory Care Standards.
- Experience within the last five (5) years working in an accredited organization.
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Office applications such as MS Project and Visio Plus.
- Must be a subject matter expert (SME) of operations of health care clinics, preferably occupational health clinics.
- Must have excellent writing skills with experience in drafting operational policies and procedures.
- Must demonstrate an ability to successfully engage a diverse group of people.
- Must have experience with monitoring and evaluating clinical systems including developing indicators, data collection instruments, compiling data, analyzing data, and creating monitoring and evaluation reports.
- Must have good organizational, problem solving and critical thinking skills.
- A demonstrated SME in the provision and systemic management of all occupational health services provided in FOH clinics.
- A proven track record of anticipating and addressing potential problems with service delivery.
- Must have current CPR/AED for Health Care Professionals certification.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Coordinates and provides CHS direction with TJC accreditation efforts to improve the overall quality and safety of services.
- Responsible for ensuring a constant state of CHS readiness for TJC survey.
- Coordinates implementation of CHS response to risk and safety events to minimize recurrence.
- Coordinates CHS complaint response.
- Serves as CHS Point of Contact for the OPAQ team:
- Maintains knwledge and understanding of all TJC standards applicable to CHS
- Respnsible for conducting CHS Intra-Cycle Review and reporting and investigating sentinel events
- Quality/Performance Improvement Program:
- Plans, cordinates, and implements performance improvement within CHS to meet Quality/Performance Improvement initiatives and goals established for FOH by OPAQ
- Prvides leadership and overall direction to FOH’s quality and Performance Improvement Program within CHS
- Leads CHS perfrmance improvement efforts by identifying specific processes to be studied by CHS as a result of identified risk and/or opportunities for improvement
- Cordinates with OPAQ to solve CHS performance deficiencies and monitors improvement activities to ensure efficient completion.
- Plans CHS imprvements based on performance improvement results
- Educates CHS staff n FOH’s Performance Improvement Plan
- Cmmunicates results of CHS performance improvement activities to CHS leadership and OPAQ team using written summary reports
- Risk Management Program:
- Investigates events and cllaborate with Medical Director and/or other appropriate leaders to formulate resolution and manage risk
- Reprts serious safety events to Risk Manager and CHS leadership
- Prmotes a culture of safety (safe event reporting)
- Cnducts and leads Root Cause Analysis when indicated
- Complaint Resolution Process:
- Establishes and leads effrts of the FOH Complaint Resolution Process within CHS
- Mnitors CHS complaints and compliments daily
- Assists service lines in reslution of complaints (when appropriate)
- Dcuments and Report compliments and complaints to GB
- Ensures items requested to meet requirements, such as medical records for peer review and site orientation plans, are provided by CHS staff within specified deadlines.
- Serves on the various committees as requested.
- Assists with review, revision, and interpretation of FOH policies to ensure compliance with The Joint Commission standards.
- Keeps abreast of drug and equipment recalls that are relevant to CHS and communicates with the Medical Director and Director, CHS.
- Develops innovative and effective operational and/or program strategies or procedures for area clinics to accomplish the TJC requirements.
- Assists with the development of the TJC on-site clinic inspection tool and evaluates tool efficacy by performing regular on-site clinic inspections.
- Assists with implementation of new policies, SOPs, and LOPs within CHS.
- Assists CHS Director with coordination of service line preparation for TJC survey.
- Works collaboratively with CHS team to identify high-risk areas and trends.
- Provides subject matter expertise and consultation to CHS team to support quality, safety, and risk performance improvement initiatives.
- Notifies OPAQ and appropriate staffing vendor(s) about serious safety events, complaints, and/or concerns so that quality issues and safety events are addressed within CHS.
- Communicates safety concerns and/or recalls related to equipment, medication, and supplies to with the supply chain vendor, the Medical Director and Director of CHS.
- Monitors and tracks required competency assessments to ensure that all nursing staff demonstrate competency to perform assigned tasks.
- Collects data and creates reports for National Quality Indicators for OPAQ.
- Collects and tracks metrics for clinics and suggests improvements to improve quality and safety.
To apply, please respond to posting.
InGenesis, Inc. offers:
- Competitive salary
- Paid Time Off
- Paid Federal Holidays
- Medical, Dental, Vision Health Insurance Plans
- 401(k) Retirement Plan, Life and Disability Insurances
InGenesis is an Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.