DENTAL ASSISTANT (ice2477-rv)
Dental Assistants | Buffalo, NY | Full Time
We are currently accepting applications for a full-time Dental Assistant located in Buffalo NY. The position provides an excellent opportunity to enhance and gain valuable work experience. The position offers a competitive salary, PTO, paid holidays, and shift differentials. Come serve those who are under served and join our Team!
It is the responsibility of the Dental Assistant to adhere to policies and procedures as stated in Policies and Procedures
- Receives and schedules patients for treatment in dental clinic.
- Obtains and records information related to medical history of patient; routes patients for medical tests and services when required.
- Maintains dental equipment in a clean and operative condition.
- Orders and stores dental supplies
- Performs optimum sterilization and/or disinfection procedures including proper instrument preparation, processing and sterilization in accordance with national policy and procedure and the CDC guidelines.
- Manages autoclave operation, maintenance and monitoring procedures to include spore testing per National Policy and Procedure and CDC guidelines.
- Prepares for general dentistry and oral surgery performed in the dental clinic. By preparing instruments, equipment and materials using aseptic technique.
- Graduation from high school and one (1) year of experience in a dental office or clinic
- Basic computer skills to include, but not limited to, Microsoft Office Products
- Maintains CPR/BLS certification
- Cultural Competency
- Interpersonal Skills
- Good Oral/Written Communication Skills
We support a diverse workforce and is an Equal Opportunity Employer who does not discriminate against employees and applicants for employment on the basis of race, gender, color, religion, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, disability, veteran status, or other classification protected by law.