Writer/Editor - Journalism (ouIronton-cg)
Communications/Writing/Editor | Ironton, OH | Full Time, Contract, and Temporary
Writer/Editor - Journalism
We are currently accepting applications for a full-time Writer / Editor - Journalism (Communication Specialist) to provide their expertise in an academic setting. This opportunity is a temporary/contract position.
Our aim is to help you find valuable employment. We focus on placing professionals in their chosen field and focus our placement efforts as a huge responsibility and rewarding profession.
We encourage you to Join Our Team and apply! Upon applying and meeting the qualifications, we will reach out to you and answer any further questions you may have about this opportunity.
Communications Specialist needed for a busy academic unit in Athens, Ohio. Main duties will include writing and editing articles, emails, and press releases while adhering to deadlines, participating in department meetings, and related administrative office functions as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree preferred
- Required to provide 2-writing samples (a portfolio of work, including news, press releases, or published stories)
- Must have proficiency in MS Office, specifically Word and Outlook
- Must have excellent communication skills, keen attention to detail, and good organization skills
- Experience working with digital media and email software preferred
We support a diverse workforce and is an Equal Opportunity Employer who does not discriminate against employees and applicants for employment on the basis of race, gender, color, religion, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, disability, veteran status, or other classification protected by law.