Senior Business Systems Analyst (sca3662-3969)
Information Technology | Houston, TX | Full Time and Contract
Senior Business Systems Analyst
We are currently accepting applications for a full-time Senior Business systems Analyst. We offer a competitive salary, health insurance, paid PTO, and paid holidays. Our aim is to help you find valuable employment in the area of healthcare. We focus on placing healthcare professionals in their chosen field and focus our placement efforts as a huge responsibility and rewarding profession.
We encourage you to Join Our Team and apply! Upon applying and meeting the qualifications, we will reach out to you and answer any further questions you may have about this opportunity. We are one of the largest workforce solutions firms in the United States, ensuring significant employment opportunities with available positions across the nation.
This position is responsible for leading and participating in the gathering and documenting functional, technical, integration and data requirements in order to design, develop, test, implement and support enterprise data integration, data warehousing and reporting. This position will also be responsible for leading and mentoring other junior business analysts as well as working on process improvement for functional and technical analysis.
- Lead the gathering and documentation of functional, technical, data requirements. Provide expertise in complex system integration design, development, testing, issue resolution and support activities. - Assists in identifying the scope and needs of migrating data from source systems to target systems and actively gathers detailed business requirements.
- Analyzes, gathers, and documents requirements for business intelligence, analytical, and data warehousing solutions.
- Converts requirements into comprehensive detailed design specifications (integration, databases, data flows, transformations, interfaces, reports, etc.) for solutions.
- Documents detailed design specifications (ETL specs, interface specs, etc.) using appropriate standardized documentation.
- Planning, development, and execution of testing efforts.
- Identifies and resolves project issues. Identifies, recommends and incorporates quality assurance and risk mitigation activities into issue resolutions/solutions.
- Has a fundamental understanding of technical concepts with strong SQL skills and an analytical mind.
- Provides business analysis leadership for projects. - Acts as a liaison between the business customers and technical resources on projects.
- Attends and contributes at regular meetings with both business and technical staff.
- Identifies and resolves migration issues effectively and in a timely manner
- Seeks input from other MDACC resources and/or vendor input to resolve application issues when appropriate.
- Has knowledge of governmental regulations and institutional Policies and Procedures
- Participates in the development of plans for contingency, backout, recovery, conversions/cut-overs and decommissioning of systems after migration activities.
- Performs detailed data validation to determine if code is working correctly.
- Performs and/or assists in activities related to the assessment, implementation, testing, and support of data integration and warehouse systems. - Performs process analysis, including feasibility studies, functional requirements analysis and review, detail design reviews, process workflows, and clinical assessments.
- Performs comprehensive testing activities including creating test plans, strategies and both developing and executing test scripts.
- Reviews and provides input for data models and reports. May coordinate or assist in creating models or developing reports.
- Assists in development of strategies, policies, procedures and standards.
- Coordination and adherence to functional and technical development, configuration of process standards mandated by either MDACC and provides justification for any deviation.
- Assists with issue resolution and risk mitigation.
- Communicates problems / issues that may arise in determining solution feasibility and alternatives to the project manager or manager.
- Maintains effective relationships with customers, vendors, project team members and management.
- May design and develop training materials and coordinate training sessions for customers.
- Provides positive feedback to team members when they make a positive contribution.
- Lead and mentor other Business Analysts - Takes on a lead role in improvement of business analysis techniques
- Take on a lead role in data mapping reviews
- Takes on a lead role in developing test plans for different workstreams
- Develop business analysis methodology
- Assist manager with business analyst resource allocation
- Mentor and train other junior level Business Analysts
- Performs other duties and projects as assigned by technical lead, project manager, and/or manager. Process improvement, documentation, wiki updates, participate in workgroups etc
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor's degree required
- Master’s Level Degree preferred
- Preferred Certification - CBAP
- Five years’ experience in Epic software, domain, project management or workflow analysis. May substitute require education degree with additional years of equivalent experience on a one to one basis or completed years of college on a one to one basis.
- Experience in the Oracle Healthcare Data Model preferred
- Three years of experience at M. D. Anderson or three years of equivalent scope and role in other healthcare institution or industry preferred.
- Big Data experience preferred but not required
- Experience in data warehousing and business intelligence
- Experience working in and a well-rounded knowledge of the M.D. Anderson IT environment.
- Experience in health care environment (hospitals, or drugs not insurance companies)
We support a diverse workforce and is an Equal Opportunity Employer who does not discriminate against employees and applicants for employment on the basis of race, gender, color, religion, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, disability, veteran status, or other classification protected by law.