RN Medical Reviewer (ks62-apm)
Nursing | Charleston, SC | Full Time
RN Medical Reviewer
We have an exciting opportunity for a Registered Nurse to work as a Medical Reviewer to come work with our client located in Charleston, SC. This is an exciting opportunity to work for a very large insurance company so if you’re ready to help the wheels of the health care industry remain turning … Apply today!
Overall Purpose of the job:
As the Registered Nurse Medical Reviewer, you will review and evaluate medical or behavioral eligibility regarding benefits and clinical criteria by applying clinical expertise, administrative policies, and established clinical criteria to service requests or provides health management program interventions. Utilizes clinical proficiency, claims knowledge/analysis, and comprehensive knowledge of healthcare continuum to assess, plan, implement, coordinate, monitor, and evaluate medical necessity, options, and services required to support members in managing their health, chronic illness, or acute illness. Utilizes available resources to promote quality, cost effective outcomes.
- Performs medical or behavioral review/authorization process.
- Ensures coverage for appropriate services within benefit and medical necessity guidelines.
- Utilizes allocated resources to back up review determinations.
- Identifies and makes referrals to appropriate staff (Medical Director, Case Manager, Preventive Services, Subrogation, Quality of care Referrals, etc.).
- Participates in data collection/input into system for clinical information flow and proper claims adjudication.
- Demonstrates compliance with all applicable legislation and guidelines for all regulatory bodies, which may include but is not limited to ERISA, NCQA, URAC, DOI (State), and DOL (Federal).
- Provides active case management, assesses service needs, develops and coordinates action plans in cooperation with members, monitors services and implements plans, to include member goals.
- Evaluates outcomes of plans, eligibility, level of benefits, place of service, length of stay, and medical necessity regarding requested services and benefit exceptions.
- Ensures accurate documentation of clinical information to support and determine medical necessity criteria and contract benefits.
- Provides telephonic support for members with chronic conditions, high risk pregnancy or other at risk conditions that consist of: Intensive assessment/evaluation of condition, at risk education based on members’ identified needs, provides member-centered coaching utilizing motivational interviewing techniques in combination with reflective listening and readiness to change assessment to elicit behavior change and increase member program engagement.
- Must have an active/in good standing RN license in South Carolina.
- Minimum 2 years of clinical experience
- Excellent communication skills
- Proficient with MS Office
We support a diverse workforce and is an Equal Opportunity Employer who does not discriminate against employees and applicants for employment on the basis of race, gender, color, religion, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, disability, veteran status, or other classification protected by law.