Risk Management Specialist
Business/Health Administration | Harrisburg, PA | Full Time
ODP Risk and Incident Management Quality Control Specialist
The ODP Risk and Incident Management Quality Control Specialist is a human services professional in the ODP Bureau of Community Supports, Division of Program Operations, Risk and Incident Management Section. The position is responsible for assisting in the implementing, analyzing, and monitoring strategies and procedures to reduce the number of adverse events experienced by participants in the intellectual disabilities service system by ensuring that adequate safeguards are in place and effective. Work involves analyzing the effectiveness of policies, procedures and systems governing Risk and Incident Management activities by analyzing data to determine program effectiveness and compliance with expected standards. Work may include reviewing and monitoring reports of program activity and recommending plans to correct deficiencies.
- Assists in the interpretation and effectiveness of ODP regulations, standards, policies, bulletins, procedures, and programs related to Incident and Risk Management and related participant safeguards.
- Examines and evaluates records and supporting documentation relating to Risk and Incident Management policies and practices of intellectual disability service providers, Administrative Entities, and other oversight agencies responsible for compliance with ODP’s Risk and Incident Management requirements with supervisory guidance.
- Evaluates the effectiveness of procedures to coordinate complaint and incident management investigations between ODP Regional Offices, Administrative Entities, Supports Coordination Offices, providers, and when applicable, law enforcement agencies.
- Supports ODP Central Office subject matter experts for Incident and Risk Management in providing consultation and support to the regional risk managers within ODP's four regional offices regarding policy clarifications and demonstrations of incident management best practices for statewide operational implementation.
- Extracts statewide data for risk management analyses to be conducted by ODP Central Office, and analyzes data from regional reports to create a statewide report to interpret and evaluate data and provide narration to explain data in context.
- Develop and validate methodology needed to answer targeted business questions related to areas of participant health and safety, service delivery, and quality of care in an effort to support ongoing monitoring and other state oversight activities.
- Supports ODP Central Office subject matter experts for Incident and Risk Management in the development of ODP policies, including but not limited to: commenting on draft policies, making recommendations when policy gaps or inconsistencies are identified, and collaborating with stakeholders to review and gather feedback relating to current or proposed policies.
- All other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree or higher level of education in human services, social science, or liberal arts
- Ability to complete tasks independently or with minimal supervision.
- Ability to communicate effectively orally and in writing.
- Intermediate computer skills to include, but not limited to, Microsoft Office Products.
- Proficient use of data analytic software such as Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Access, or SPSS.
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize, and manage time effectively.
- One year of professional experience developing, implementing or evaluating human services, social services, health care services or health care insurance programs.
Applicants with personal or professional experience supporting people with intellectual or developmental disabilities strongly preferred.
We support a diverse workforce and is an Equal Opportunity Employer who does not discriminate against employees and applicants for employment on the basis of race, gender, color, religion, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, disability, veteran status, or other classification protected by law.