PAYROLL ACCOUNTANT (nam3209cl)
Accounting | San Antonio, TX | Full Time and Temporary
San Antonio, Texas
We are currently seeking qualified applicants for two Payroll Accountant positions in San Antonio, Texas. The position is temporary staffing contract and an anticipated six-month assignment. Work hours are Monday – Friday, 8am – 5pm. Please submit resumes with salary requirement
Our aim is to help you find valuable employment in the area of healthcare. We focus on placing healthcare professionals in their chosen field and focus our placement efforts as a huge responsibility and rewarding profession.
We encourage you to Join Our Team and apply! Upon applying and meeting the qualifications, we will reach out to you and answer any further questions you may have about this opportunity. We are one of the largest workforce solutions firms in the United States, ensuring significant employment opportunities with available positions across the nation.
To provide payroll benefits accounting services. Responsible for the application of advanced accounting, benefits, payroll practices and controls in the preparation of a variety of complex regular and special financial reports and statements in accordance with industry standards and applicable regulations.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or Business Administration/Management from an accredited institution. Prefer some graduate level coursework in Accounting and /or CPP Certification
- Advanced level proficiency in applying payroll knowledge, as well as payroll, labor, tax, reporting and benefit plans regulations/policies/practices
- Prefer proficiency with DEFINE, BAS, Banner, Retirement Manager, TRAQS, SGELEG and IFIS systems
- Excellent customer service skills
- Prefer proficiency of Employer provided benefits plans including Plan Eligibility, Insurance, Define Pension Plans, CL reviews and other plans as necessary
- Two years of professional accounting experience with governmental or commercial accounting
- Prefer two years direct accounting experience with The University of Texas Systems
- Experience with personal computer and standard office equipment
- Process, audit and maintain individual benefit coverage, deductions and payroll reports in respect to appropriate systems to include adjustments and reimbursements from accounts or payroll records
- Analyze, reconcile, an create adjustments for all benefit deductions, employee records, status reports, exception reports, and inter-system data files and benefit records to ensure compliance with regulations and policy
- Prepare remittances for employer-provided benefit providers
- Prepare payroll, month-end and year-end General Ledger entries and reports per operational processes
- Reconcile and submit for review Retirement Benefit accounts, Retiree Insurance and LOA insurance accounts
- Compile and/or prepare research or special reports data for management
- Professionally respond to various customer concerns related to Payroll and Benefit Administration
- Develop and maintain excellent working relationship with counterparts in Human Resources Benefit section
- Perform additional duties as assigned
- Special projects as assigned – assist in development of new accounting procedures
We support a diverse workforce and is an Equal Opportunity Employer who does not discriminate against employees and applicants for employment on the basis of race, gender, color, religion, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, disability, veteran status, or other classification protected by law.