Medical Collections Specialist (KSmf)
Medical Insurance-Collections | Salt Lake City, UT | Full Time
Medical Collections Specialist
Salt Lake City UT
We currently have an opportunity available for a Medical Collections Specialist to join our client located in Salt Lake City, UT. As a Medical Collections Specialist vital to the business success of the organization, you’ll work carefully to submit claims to various insurance companies, which will help assure that the organization is run smoothly. To be successful in this role, you’ll review records, calculate charges and answer patient or insurance company questions regarding claims. Your close attention to detail and strong communication skills will help you excel in this position as you examine records and speak daily with patients. So, if you’re ready to help ensure an organization is run smoothly, then what are you waiting for?! Apply now!
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Identifies and resolves patient billing complaints.
- Handles customer collection calls.
- Familiar with medical terminology and insurances HCPC/ICD-9 codes,
- Documents activities in ERP system in an efficient accurate and timely manner.
- Ensures the billing activity is handled correctly.
- Ability to evaluate and secure the needed Rx’s, PA’s and medical justification to facilitate payment of claims for initial and review/appeals payments.
- Ability to edit and resubmit claims for payment.
- Prepares and reviews clean claims for submission to various insurances either electronically or by paper.
- Medical coding knowledge ( ICD-9/ICD-10)
- Associates Degree
- 2+ years Customer support background
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office, particularly Word and Outlook.
We support a diverse workforce and is an Equal Opportunity Employer who does not discriminate against employees and applicants for employment on the basis of race, gender, color, religion, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, disability, veteran status, or other classification protected by law.
HOW TO APPLY:
To apply for this opportunity please utilize the “Apply Now/Submit Resume” button. Every day, We specialize in providing highly skilled nursing and allied health professionals within hospitals and other health care facilities, as well as positions in sectors such as insurance, pharmaceutical, health management and education.