Marriage and Family Therapist (4655-rv)
Licensed Clinical | Camp Lejeune, NC | Full Time and Contract
Marriage and Family Therapist
Work Location: Camp Lejeune NC
Diagnose and treat mental and emotional disorders, whether cognitive, affective, or behavioral, within the context of marriage and family systems.
Job Duties/Responsibilities/Functions (including but not limited to)
- Perform a full range of Mental Health Counselor services, within the scope of clinical privileges granted by the Commanding Officer, on site using government furnished facilities, supplies and equipment. The focus of work will be on therapy with patients and their families. Workload occurs as a result of either scheduled or unscheduled requirements for care.
- Assess and report spouse, child and elder abuses where indicated by state and federal laws while accessing appropriate services.
- Conduct interviewing.
- Perform psychosocial and family history taking.
- Conduct Mental Status examinations.
- Conduct family and marital therapy, as well as group and individual therapy as required.
- Conduct crisis intervention.
- Perform individual and family case management.
- Provide multidisciplinary treatment and discharge planning.
- Provide command and community consultation.
- Write progress notes and psychosocial history, other required reports, review medical documents.
- Consult with specialists and ancillary departments.
- On a regular basis, enter information into electronic records using computers supplied.
- Provide care for eligible patient referrals with emphasis on the treatment of mental health and related psychological symptoms.
- Perform assessments, evaluations, consultations, differential diagnosis, and treatment planning for all disorders defined by the Diagnostic and Statistical Manual for Mental Disorders (current edition) published by the American Psychiatric Association.
- Provide a full range of psychotherapy services.
- Coordinate care with appropriate individuals including family members, prior and current treatment providers, Commanding Officers and their representatives.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Possess a Master’s degree or Ph.D. in Marriage and Family Therapy from a program accredited by the Commission on Accreditation for Marriage and Family Therapy Education (COAMFTE), or a qualifying graduate degree in an allied mental health field from a regionally accredited education institution in conjunction with a program of marriage and family therapy study that is equivalent to the COAMFTE standards, as defined by the American Association of Marriage and Family Therapy (AAMFT).
- Have either a state license, state certification, or clinical membership credentials issued by the AAMFT.
- Have at least two years postgraduate experience as a Marriage and Family Therapist within the preceding three years working with mentally and physically disabled individuals.
- Provide two letters of recommendation written within the last two years attesting to the health care worker’s clinical skills. A minimum of one letter must be from a supervisor. Reference letters must include name, title, telephone number, date of reference, address and signature of the individual providing the reference.
InGenesis is dedicated to placing people in positions that preserve life, improve lives and inspire others. This does not happen without passionate people, skilled colleagues who are motivated to create innovative solutions and deliver superior service to our clients. Founded in 1998, InGenesis manages thousands of employees, including pioneering healthcare, science, technology and pharma professionals. The workforce solutions company includes almost half of the Fortune 500 in its nearly 300 clients. It is recognized as one of the largest healthcare staffing firms, and InGenesis is the largest minority/women owned healthcare staffing firm in North America.
We support a diverse workforce and is an Equal Opportunity Employer who does not discriminate against employees and applicants for employment on the basis of race, gender, color, religion, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, disability, veteran status, or other classification protected by law.