HEDIS Nurse - Austin Texas
Nursing | Austin, TX | Contract
HEDIS Review Nurse
InGenesis has an exciting opportunity for a HEDIS Review Nurse in Austin, TX area. This is an exciting opportunity to work for a large health insurance company.
This position is responsible for managing a caseload consisting of provider locations for retrieving medical records and for conducting Healthcare Effectiveness Data and Information Set (HEDIS®) medical record chart abstractions, data entry, and quality reviews. This position requires computer skills as well as knowledge of clinical aspects of preventive care and chronic conditions with the ability to apply the learned HEDIS technical specifications as indicated.
- Registered Nurse (RN) or Licensed Vocational Nurse (LVN) with unrestricted Texas license.
- 3 years' clinical experience.
- Previous HEDIS experience is a plus
- Knowledge of medical terminology, standard medical practices,
- Verbal and written communication skills including interpersonal skills for meeting with physicians and office staff and representing the company using diplomatic/professional demeanor.
- PC proficiency to include Word, Excel, Outlook, Adobe Pro, and folder navigation and management skills.
- Willing to travel and ability to drive, using personal transportation for frequent local travel.
Key words: Data Abstractor, Chart Review, Medical Chart Audit,