Clinical Research Coordinator
Research | Bethesda, MD | Full Time
InGenesis, Inc. is seeking a highly qualified and talented Clinical Research Coordinator to work at our client site the National Institutes of Health in Bethesda, MD. This is a full-time position, Monday to Friday, 40 hours per week.
- Associate’s degree in a related discipline. Two (2) years of specialized experience plus a high school diploma is equivalent to an Associate’s degree.
- Minimum of one (1) year or related experience.
- Experience with Microsoft Office Suite (MS Word, Excel, Outlook).
- Strong communications skills, both oral and written.
- Excellent analytical, organizational and time management skills.
- Work with staff on selected patient care functions for participants enrolled in a large co-hort study of patients infected with the Hepatitis C virus (HCV); including two other arms of the study for patients with Hepatitis B Virus (HBV) and sexual partners of en-rolled HCV patients.
- Schedule follow-up visits and blood collection for participants of HCV Donor Study.
- Contact participants by telephone to schedule follow-up phlebotomy and clinic appointments as specified in study protocol.
- Prepare patient charts for clinic days; provide initial or follow-up assessment forms, patient labels, most recent medication lists and lab/procedure printouts.
- Send form letter signed by Clinical Studies Coordinator to participants unable to be contacted by phone as a reminder to call and schedule an appointment.
- Send out blood collection mailer kits to participants who are unable to return to NIH for blood sampling.
- Schedule HCV study participants for various apheresis procedures in DTM Dowling Clinic, as well as other research or patient care related special exams/studies (ultrasound, CT, X-ray, Fibroscan, etc.).
- Verify and enter data collected on study participants, including donor, recipient and pa-tient data for participants enrolled in the TRIPS and HCV studies; data may include de-mographics, medical history, physical exam, laboratory and pathology results, nursing as-sessment data and transfusion/donor records.
- Retrieve research related information from medical records, hospital information system (CRIS) and/or laboratory information system (LIS); create spreadsheets and other reports for use in study analysis.
- Generate letters for study participants as specified by supervisor on letter request form.
- Copy and distribute weekly HCV Clinic log to TTV lab, OP 9 clinic, DTM clinicians and DTM fellows on clinical rotation.
- Collect TRIPS Study donor consents from DTM donor area and file them in chronologi-cal order after study nurse enters consent into DTM donor system.
- Greet visitors and respond to telephone calls from patients and their family members, health care professionals and others; refer inquiries as appropriate to section chief, study coordinator/supervisor or other health care providers.
- Competitive Salary
- Paid Time Off
- Paid Federal Holidays
- Medical, Dental, Vision Health Insurance Plans
- 401K Retirement Plan
- Life and Disability Insurance
Established in 1998, InGenesis enjoys a long history of positive government and commercial relationships with healthcare industry professionals and businesses nationwide. We are the recent recipients of an Inc. 5000 award, and dedicated to servicing our customers.
InGenesis is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, or national origin.