Certified Medical Assistant (nsd-3886-pm)
Medical Assistants | San Diego, CA | Full Time
Certified Medical Assistant
San Diego CA
We are currently accepting applications for a full-time Certified Medical Assistant. Our aim is to help you find valuable employment in the area of healthcare. We focus on placing healthcare professionals in their chosen field and focus our placement efforts as a huge responsibility and rewarding profession.
We encourage you to Join Our Team and apply! Upon applying and meeting the qualifications, we will reach out to you and answer any further questions you may have about this opportunity.
- High school diploma or equivalent required
- Associate's degree preferred
- Completion of phlebotomy class or equivalent experience
- BLS certification
- Previous relevant healthcare experience preferred
- Basic computer knowledge
- Ability to type proficiently and accurately
- Ability to communicate effectively in English, both verbally and in writing
- Prepare exam rooms prior to patient's arrival.
- Obtain patient's medical record following appropriate procedures.
- Check patient's vital signs, to include temperature, respiration, pulse, weight and blood pressure.
- Obtain and document patient's current medical history, drug history, chief complaints, allergies and vital signs on the correct Standard Form before patient is in the exam room.
- Assist the provider as needed during exams.
- Perform diagnostic procedures when ordered, to include EKGs, urine dip sticks, phlebotomy, etc.
- Transport patients to other clinical areas as needed.
- Check each chart for the provider's signature, stamp, and each patient's diagnosis prior to returning the chart to Health Records.
- After a physician has verified the medicine and dosage, the HCW shall administer medication to patients.
- Obtain lab and x-ray results.
- Maintain exam room stock levels and perform routine maintenance of exam rooms, to include dusting, cleaning wash basins, etc.
- Complete lab and x-ray requisitions in accordance with clinic policies.
- Enter demographic data into the computer upon patient check-in; enter diagnosis and departing time when patient is released.
- Answer telephone and transcribe accurate messages.
- Ensure that any broken or unsafe equipment is removed from the clinic in a timely manner and notify appropriate personnel.
- Assist with patient flow and give direct patient care as directed.
- Operate the following medical equipment, as directed, such as Automatic Blood Pressure Monitor, Hand Held Nebulizer, EKG Machine (12 lead), Electronic Thermometer, IV infusion pump (Set-up only), Tynpanometer.
We support a diverse workforce and is an Equal Opportunity Employer who does not discriminate against employees and applicants for employment on the basis of race, gender, color, religion, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, disability, veteran status, or other classification protected by law.