Certified Medical Assistant (KSmf)
Medical Assistants | Raleigh, NC | Full Time
Certified Medical Assistant
We are currently seeking a Certified Medical Assistant to come and join our client located in Raleigh, NC. In this role, you will be responsible for performing various administrative and clinical duties under the direction of a physician. Specific duties may include but are not limited to scheduling appointments, maintaining medical records, billing, taking and recording vital signs, obtaining medical histories and preparing patients for examinations. So, if you’re ready to ensure that the wheels of the healthcare industry remain turning, then what are you waiting for … APPLY NOW!
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provides basic patient care as ordered.
- Administers medications and treatments as directed.
- Assists other health care professionals in performing exams, diagnostic procedures and treatments, and minor medical procedures.
- Rooms and prepares patients for physician’s examination, assisting with examination as directed.
- Obtains, verifies, and records health history of patients. Gathers pertinent health data through physical assessments and biological samples.
- Documents assessments, interventions, patient/family responses, medication dispensed/prescribed, and test results in medical records.
- When appropriate, processes non-emergent patient calls, collecting patient information and providing physician-guided clinical advice.
- Schedules patient procedures as requested by physician. Facilitates authorizations and referrals for managed care patients where indicated.
- Accurately relays prescription refill information to local and mail order pharmacies via phone, fax or e-prescription functions as directed by the physician/physician extender and refill protocols.
- Promotes wellness by providing patient education materials, communicating physician advice/instructions.
- Functions as a team member, coordinating patient care with operational and other clinical staff as necessary.
- Medical Assistant National Certification required
- Prior medical office experience
Related Search Terms: Certified Medical Assistant, CMA, Clinical Assistant, Doctor’s Assistant, Medical Assistant, MA, Medical Office Assistant, Registered Medical Assistant, RMA
We support a diverse workforce and is an Equal Opportunity Employer who does not discriminate against employees and applicants for employment on the basis of race, gender, color, religion, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, disability, veteran status, or other classification protected by law.