Medical Insurance-Collections | San Antonio, TX | Part Time
Part-time Billing Specialist
Plastic Surgeon Office located in Medical Center. Position is 32 hours per week.
General surgery and plastic surgery specialists require part-time coding, billing, and referral coordinating duties to be performed.
Typical duties include
• Verify patients' insurance benefits using software and by phone
• Obtain referrals from primary care physicians when necessary
• Obtain prior authorization from insurance for surgery
• Assign appropriate CPT codes for office visits, in-office procedures, and surgeries
• Assign appropriate ICD-10 diagnosis codes to each claim
• Ensure physician documentation supports the CPT and diagnosis codes
• Ensure all patient data is correct for clean claim submission
• Submit claims to insurance companies
• Receive remittance advice and process/post payments
• Make necessary adjustments and assign appropriate balances to patients
• Process denials to provide physicians with denial reasons and potential resolutions
• Appeal denied claims and follow up through resolution
• Follow up with patients to collect patient balances as necessary
• Required work experience includes performance of medical coding, billing, and referral coordination duties.
• Experience with multiple Electronic Medical Records and Practice Management systems preferred.