Registered Nurse - Occupational Health (Ohio2102-ob)
Nursing | Mansfield, OH | Full Time
Registered Nurse - Occupational Health
State of Ohio
We currently are accepting applications for full-time Registered Nurse – Occupational Health to provide services at their state-run healthcare facilities. The position provides a great opportunity to gain and/or enhance valuable work experience while working within the state employment system. Join our Team and make a positive impact on those who need it most. We encourage you to apply and discover more about this opportunity. Upon applying, we will reach out to you and answer any questions you may have.
Incumbents may perform some or all of these duties or other job-related duties as assigned.
- Utilizes the nursing process to assess, plan, implement and evaluate patient care within the scope of RN scope of practice.
- Performs focused interview to identify specific patient needs.
- Medical knowledge of techniques and information needed to treat injuries/illnesses.
- Customer and personal service knowledge including assessment, meeting quality standards for services and evaluation of customer satisfaction.
- Ability to effectively communicate information to supervisors, peers, or customers.
- Identifies and prioritizes actions based upon care requirements.
- Provides a safe, comfortable and therapeutic patient environment.
- Initiates and evaluates patient and/or family education.
- Documents patient’s response to nursing and other interventions.
- Monitors safety and effectiveness of the environment and equipment.
- Participates in activities to facilitate good interpersonal communications with the chosen facility.
- Supports professional practice by observing the following: Uses knowledge and practices in accordance with 1) the Nurse Practice Act; 2) Standards of Nursing Practice; 3) The Joint Commission, state and local laws; 4) Patient’s Bill of Rights; 5) Nursing and client hospital policies.
- Other duties as assigned.
MAJOR WORKER CHARACTERISTICS
The Occupational Health Nurse, assumes responsibility and accountability for the application of the nursing process and the delivery of nursing and first aid services to employees or persons who are ill or injured on the job in accordance with facility policies, practices, and procedures. The nurse demonstrates critical thinking and performance ability in the coordination of care. Consistently performs according to nursing standards according to RN scope of practice.
MINIMUM CLASS QUALIFICATIONS FOR EMPLOYMENT:
• Current Registered Nurse License for the state in which the nurse practices.
• Full command, verbal and written, of the English language.
• Current Health Certificate (if applicable)
• Current PPD or Chest X-Ray
• One-year prior professional occupational health nursing experience preferred.
• Current BLS Card
• Successful completion of background screening and hiring process.
We support a diverse workforce and is an Equal Opportunity Employer who does not discriminate against employees and applicants for employment on the basis of race, gender, color, religion, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, disability, veteran status, or other classification protected by law.