Deputy Chief Medical Officer (11483)
Physicians | Laredo, TX | Contract
InGenesis is currently seeking a Deputy Chief Medical Officer to work with our client. In this role, you will assist the Chief Medical Officer (CMO) with oversight and management of all clinical functions for an Influx Care Facility (ICF) designated by Office of Refugee Resettlement (ORR) that provides residential and medical services to Unaccompanied Children (UC). This position will provide both administrative leadership and clinical care as designated by the CMO.
If you meet the qualifications outlined below, apply today and we’ll reach out to answer any questions you may have!
Why choose us?
- Medical/Dental/Vision Insurance for full-time employees.
- Additional rate per hour for Health & Welfare to help with insurance costs.
- 2 weeks of paid time off (PTO) for full-time employees.
- Enjoy 11 Paid Federal Holidays.
- Sick leave.
- Exciting bonus every 6 months.
- Provide supervisory support for clinical staff as needed.
- Establish, monitor, and improve the standards of care by identifying performance benchmarks and presenting the results to the CMO and executive leadership.
- Assist in developing and implementing policies and procedures pertaining to clinical staff and services.
- Assist in the use of computer applications and technology, including electronic health records among clinical staff.
- Contribute to the achievement of operating standards, especially those related to provider productivity.
- Implement and comply with regulations to maintain all licensure and ORR requirements.
- Assist with the development and implementation of strategies for clinic performance improvement, documentation improvement and medical staff compliance.
- Assess, diagnose, treat, and educate patients.
- Perform, order, and interpret diagnostic procedures in accordance with relevant health concerns of the patient.
- Prescribe medication in accordance with state statute and professional practice guidelines.
- Participate in scheduled meetings.
- Prepare presentations and or training as needed.
- Communicate effectively in writing and verbally in English.
- Collaborate with other staff members, service providers and professionals.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Doctor of Medicine (MD) or Doctor of Osteopathic Medicine (DO) required.
- Previous direct patient care experience required.
- Master’s Degree in Business Administration, Health Administration, or related field preferred.
- Previous experience with Pediatrics, Med/Peds, Family Medicine, Peds Emergency Medicine backgrounds strongly preferred.
- Bilingual (Spanish/ English) preferred.
- Current unrestricted M.D. or D.O. license required.
- Current state DEA license required.
- Current BLS certification required.
- Required to respond to any medical emergency, fast walk or jog may be necessary to provide assistance.
- Required to perform CPR/emergency care standing or kneeling.
- Must have the ability to assist sick, injured, or aging patients exiting the building during an emergency (may require lifting, dragging, wheeling, or carrying someone who weighs significantly more than self).
- Must be able to see, hear and smell with or without the use of aides if necessary (exceptions on a case-by-case basis).
- Must easily alternate between kneeling and standing. (exceptions on a case-by-case basis).
- Must be able to lift, push, and carry 30 pounds.
- Must be capable of standing on hard surfaces for long periods of time.
- Frequently required to operate a computer and file and retrieve written documentation.
- Pass a pre-employment drug screen and random drug screens throughout employment.
- Provide proof of work eligibility status upon request.
- Pass all pertinent required background checks and child abuse and neglect checks.
- Maintain computer literacy required to meet the responsibilities of the position.
InGenesis is one of the largest staffing firms in the industry and is among the largest diversity-owned healthcare staffing firms in North America. InGenesis is dedicated to placing people in positions that preserve life, improve lives, and inspire others. This does not happen without passionate people: skilled colleagues who are motivated to create innovative solutions and deliver superior service to our clients. InGenesis counts almost half of the Fortune 500 in our nearly 300 clients, including clients in the healthcare, life sciences, higher education and pharma industries.
InGenesis is proud to be an affirmative action employer and is committed to providing equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, or Veteran status. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know by visiting our website at https://www.ingenesis.com/careers/site-accommodations.